Ignition harness

Larry

A couple of springs on my ignition harness are heavily worn and need to be replaced.  Being a CB, I would prefer to not replace the entire harness.  How are these replaced?  where can I purchase them?  I've tried the usual online sources, but am not able to find them, or I'm not using the correct term in the search.  Yes, I know this is not owner maintenance.

Larry

1 hour ago, Larry said:

A couple of springs on my ignition harness are heavily worn and need to be replaced.  Being a CB, I would prefer to not replace the entire harness.  How are these replaced?  where can I purchase them?  I've tried the usual online sources, but am not able to find them, or I'm not using the correct term in the search.  Yes, I know this is not owner maintenance.

Larry

Larry,

Springs are easily replaced, but we need to know what brand of harness you have.

Clarence

The part number depends on which harness you have. Unison/Slick published a repair manual several years ago that shows how to repair both ends of the harness and also has a chart in the back that will show the pn for the different harnesses. I can post a copy of it when I get home tonight. 

With the pn you can order them from Spruce or most mechanics have a box of old harnesses setting around just for salvaging parts from. 

Larry,

I don't see a way to post a pdf from my iPad, but will post the document when I get to work tomorrow.  If you need it tonight send me a pm with your email and I can email it to you.  It has a pictorial chart that shows the different part for the 5/8" and both the 3/4" old and new style.

edit

here is a screenshot of the parts. Looks like the spring is the same.

image.png