HAPPY VETERANS DAY

• 11 months later...

My Father in Law is retired Air Force. Flew B-52s most of his career. He would haul Nukes around the world on a typical mission. They would take off from N Carolina cross the Atlantic fly around waiting for orders that never came then fly home. Multiple refueling were required to make the flights. Later flying missions over N Vietnam. He and men like him are and were the point of the spear. I respect and honor him along with the young men assuming those responsibilities today.

Thank God there are those that risk all to defend this great country. Freedom isn't FREE.  

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words!  I am overseas right now and should be back in April.  I work nights and want to tell you that seeing our B-1s taking off with all four afterburners lit is a beautiful sight.  They are very loud and everything shakes from their power.  I occasionally drive perimeter road and stop at the end of the runway when I know their launch times and enjoy those sensations up close.  Feel comfortable we are doing our best to protect everyone's right to freedom and that the sights and sounds of those B-1s indicates a VERY bad day for those who disagree.

• Like 1

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember’d;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; -Shakespeare

A great many thanks to my Brothers and Sisters that have served or are currently serving. To those currently in harms way, "Give em Hell" and come home safe!

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Thanks to all who served in the past and those who continue to serve.  

I suggest doing something for a veteran as a thank you.  Last winter my family took on snow shovelling for one WW2 vet who is 94 and for a Korean vet in his 80's.  We'll do the same again this year.  

Clarence