Before and After

We are always proud of what we have done and the upkeep on our planes. I've seen this on other forums and it's always interesting. Lets see a pic of when you first took your Mooney home and  what it looks like today. Some folks like to stay nostalgic & original, others like to polish and tinker. Some just want to enjoy flight. Lets see what it looked like the first day you took it home and present day, have you added or kept original? Does not have to be exterior pictures, could just be avionics etc..Lets not bog the site down with tons of pictures..Just two pictures, when you got it and what it looks like today :)

Here was what we jokingly called "Green Bean" when I first got her. A little paint and polish and here she is today.

7741M.jpg

Background.jpg

• Like 15

wow, it's amazing how much newer a plane looks from getting a paint job!  I've made changes on my plane, but they've been subtle.  LED landing light, new lens cover, avionics upgrades, bladders, etc.  Not cheap, but not as obvious as new paint.

• Like 2

Here is my original/as-is 1977 configuration:

TKI_Visit_0207.JPG

And here she is in 2009 post-paint, but before I had the modern Mooney bird air-brushed by a local artist on to the tail:

N11MH_001.jpeg

Here is the new logo:

IMAG0026.jpg

Hopefully during the Caravan clinic this weekend I can get someone to snap some updated air-to-air pics.

• Like 8

Paint and Avionics sell airplanes fast.  If you want to sell your airplane fast, instead of lowering the price, paint it.  Same differential and you'll get to fly a newly painted airplane for a while first!  Only problem is it takes some time to line up a paint shop!

Avionics wise, that takes less time.

-Seth

• Like 1

I wish I could see something different but my 2 pics look exactly the same. After pic would have overhauled exhaust carb replaced engine mount frame with gusset frame replaced sky tech starter replaced jack screw overhauled Bendix mags replaced engine oil lines replaced flap hydraulic lines rebuilt instrument cluster replaced voltage reg etc etc ...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bonal said:

I wish I could see something different but my 2 pics look exactly the same. After pic would have overhauled exhaust carb replaced engine mount frame with gusset frame replaced sky tech starter replaced jack screw overhauled Bendix mags replaced engine oil lines replaced flap hydraulic lines rebuilt instrument cluster replaced voltage reg etc etc ...

The before would be in the shop, the after in the air.

Clarence

8 minutes ago, Godfather said:

M20doc - the paint shop put your tail on backwards!  You should really stop flying until you get that "problem" rectified.

They also painted on a few extra cylinders.

image.jpg

Here's mine

231AT at time of purchase 2000.jpg

Best.JPG

I almost bought a 231 with the same paint scheme. 9599U. It was a 1980 model. It sold while I was looking at it and I ended up with the J. I love my J but sometimes wish I would've held out for another K to come along. Great looking Mooney Don.

My plane's before and after picture is my avatar.  It had been recently painted by the previous owner.

The difference since this day 1 photo, is the height of the children has increased by about a foot each and the TopProp has a shiny spinner.

best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, N5756v said:

Ok I have to ask ,ball park what's a paint job run

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It depends. There are variables like how many colors, the complexity of the scheme and the quality of the shop that does it. There are paint jobs and then there are paint jobs!