TRAILER MOUNTED CASCADE SYSTEM auction

carl

81QSCI16110044

http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitsrh/?sl=81QSCI16110044

a pretty sweet set up auctioned by the gsa . I know everybody want one, but who lives near North Dakota

It is in North Dakota or I'd get it. 

North Dakota Forest Service
Forest River Fire Department 
Po Box 103 
Forest River, ND 58233

Just all depends what side of the bed those guys wake up on I guess. I transported a Turbine Huffer start cart from Toronto Canada this year. The Canadian customs lady was really nice but she was so confused why I came all the way from California to get there. The US CBP agent just wanted a tax ID number. I was surprised I didn't spend more time on the phone...

-Matt

• Like 1

I am going to be in North Dakota next week and will have the ability to bring this home.  So what am I looking at.  I am assuming this is just a system of oxygen tanks that you could use to refill the small cylinders for the airplane.  But does it already have the compressor, dryer, and filters to make their own breathing air tanks?

Tanks, tubes, valves, and pressure gauges...

Fill the target tank from the lowest pressure tank first, than the next...  Finally topping off from the highest pressure tank...

The objective is to use all of the oxygen from the source tanks without having to use a compressor.  Some of the source tanks may be at a higher pressure than the target tank.  Use a bit of caution...

The economics of such a system probably don't make a lot of sense.  Private pilots get pretty far using a two tank cascade at the cost of not fully discharging the lower pressure tank before swapping in a new full tank for the high pressure.

hydro testing is a means of testing the tank's health.  Steal tanks last a pretty long time compared to aluminum or Kevlar.  The dates of the tested are stamped on the tank for an easy check.

Best regards,

-a-

It is for filling self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) tanks at fire scenes with air not O2.

Not sure how it would work for O2 tanks are essentially the same but the valves may be different.  However if you can get it for $50 bucks depressurize the tanks and take it to the nearest scrap yard and triple your money.

Edited by 1964-M20E
  • Like 1

Be it air, O2, or N2 no matter.  Anyone who would attempt to run 2,000-plus psi through the hoses on that cold war relic may likely earn a Darwin Award... and deservedly so.  Ya'll be safe out there.  

16 hours ago, carl said:

But those are green oxygen tanks , not yellow air tanks 

and from my guess there are eight  tanks in two banks of four each

its 50 bucks !!!!

you trying to get kicked out of the CB club?  I'd talk 'em down to 45.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thinwing said:

Ok you guys..let him buy the 2000 psi bomb and let him learn for hisself....gaboom !.... 

My experience with high pressure failures is not "gaboom", it is usually a loud hiss with tubes and hoses whipping around like wild snakes!

Also be careful of pieces flying through the air at bulistic speeds.

Edited by N201MKTurbo