Fuselage door seal

timpercarpio

14 minutes ago, timpercarpio said:

Tim - I was checking that seal out as well. My Field's inflatable door seal is starting to leak and the repair process doesn't allow the seal to inflate fully along the whole length. I was looking at this as an option. If you go this route, be sure to give us a PIREP.

Any seal you install on the fuselage side is subject to be torn out by the passengers or the baggage. To avoid this is better to have the seal on the door.

I use foam type weather strip seal from Home Depot. It works really well and last five years. At $4.95 per door is a good deal.

José

Seal Bag.JPG

Cabin Door Seal.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know what I decide to do.  The reason I'm looking at something different is because we're having a problem with the door closing completely.  A new seal was placed at the last annual and it didn't solve the problem.