Shadrach

Ok, I'll try one skew attempt. Can't tell from your video if you stopped the tire rotation before stowing the gear. I see marks on your doors but can't tell from you video if you hit the brakes.

And yes, on the first attempt you were an inch off of the centerline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Marauder said:

Ok, I'll try one skew attempt. Can't tell from your video if you stopped the tire rotation before stowing the gear. I see marks on your doors but can't tell from you video if you hit the brakes.

And yes, on the first attempt you were an inch off of the centerline. emoji1.png

So you think the stain on the inner gear door pictured is from performing a gear retraction with the wheels spinning? I try to tap the brakes whenever I grab the down lock, but I don't know that all of my partners do.  Can you elaborate on the "marks" to which you're referring.

Gear Door.png

17 hours ago, Marauder said:  

And yes, on the first attempt you were an inch off of the centerline.

So you think the stain on the inner gear door pictured is from performing a gear retraction with the wheels spinning? I try to tap the brakes whenever I grab the down lock, but I don't know that all of my partners do.  Can you elaborate on the "marks" to which you're referring.

Gear Door.png

I didn't say that. I said I saw marks on your doors. I didn't say where they came from.

Where forgetting to stop the wheels shows up is usually inside the wheel well. Ever look inside your nose wheel housing and notice how dirty it is in there?

On April 29, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Marauder said:

Where forgetting to stop the wheels shows up is usually inside the wheel well. Ever look inside your nose wheel housing and notice how dirty it is in there?

I have seen how dirty the nose well gets, but my front brake is ineffective. 

• Like 1

I think it's great that you're out practicing this. So many guys don't do this in their Mooney.

Many people don't realize that just because you touch down on the runway does not mean you're committed to The Landing. A Touch and Go reject might very well save your life and the airplane someday!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Guitarmaster said:

I think it's great that you're out practicing this. So many guys don't do this in their Mooney.

Many people don't realize that just because you touch down on the runway does not mean you're committed to The Landing. A Touch and Go reject might very well save your life and the airplane someday!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree. I practice this to maintain airspeed and flare precision more than anything. Touch and goes are easy. Mains only, T&Gs within a predetermined 100ft section of runway are a real challenge.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a tap and go to me. I have always had to roll down the runway enough to adjust my trim or I would be in big trouble adding full power with the trim set for landing.  

10 hours ago, Wakeup said:

Looks like a tap and go to me. I have always had to roll down the runway enough to adjust my trim or I would be in big trouble adding full power with the trim set for landing.  

Not really tap and goes. The wing is fully stalled but the tail Has enough lift to keep the nose from touching. The mains are on pavement for four to six seconds.  I was near full nose up trim for those landings. It's not a big deal of you're accustomed to it.  Leave the flaps out, throttle up, take off, raise gear, trim the back pressure out of the yoke, raise flaps.