Weekend destination for families flying from DC and Cape Cod?

Flip

We are planning a flying meet-up weekend with some friends in a few weeks.  I was hoping the well traveled collective that is MooneySpace could recommend a good destination for us to meet at.

My family will be flying from Cape Cod in a Cherokee (105 kts) and our friends will be traveling from the DC area in a 182 (140 kts).  We are looking for a fun destination that would provide relatively equitable flying times.  We will have two kids with us (ages 1 and 4).  

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

• Like 1

We have been to the Jersey shore before (driving, not flying) and would like to try something new.

Nemacolin is exactly what we were looking for but that is just too far with the kids in a 105kt airplane. I know...buy a Mooney and it won't be a problem but that is not going to happen in the next 2.5 weeks.

Has anyone been to the Flying W Airport Resort in Medford, NJ? It looks like it might be just the ticket.

http://flyingwairport.com/fixed-base-operation/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have been to the Jersey shore before (driving, not flying) and would like to try something new.

Nemacolin is exactly what we were looking for but that is just too far with the kids in a 105kt airplane. I know...buy a Mooney and it won't be a problem but that is not going to happen in the next 2.5 weeks.

Has anyone been to the Flying W Airport Resort in Medford, NJ? It looks like it might be just the ticket.

http://flyingwairport.com/fixed-base-operation/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have done fly in there. It has a nice swimming pool. I'm sure some of NJ Mooney Pilots will chime in.

Jersey shore is a hundred miles long.  Every few miles is a different town with different style and personality.

OceanCity is a 2.5 mile Boardwalk.  Small hotels and houses for rent.  Great for young kids.  No Alcohol sold in town, so the older kids go a few miles away for booze and real tattoos...

Flying W is a nice airport, restaurant, mini hotel and airplane shaped pool. Good for a day, maybe overnight...

give us a hint of what you want to do and see?  If you are staying for the weekend.  A day trip to  OCNJ may make sense.  Mix it up with AC, flying W and Wildwood.  Uber may make some sense for the airports that may be a few miles from town.... Wildwood has some classy shopping and dining opportunities.

Best regards,

-a-