Will Samurai Husky Solo?

Yetti

I'm sure glad I learned to fly in Cessna 150 trainer.  I never had to worry about running over a slower plane or being run over by a faster one.

Clarence

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

I'm sure glad I learned to fly in Cessna 150 trainer.  I never had to worry about running over a slower plane or only being run over by a faster all other ones.

Clarence

There, Clarence, I made it right for ya! :D

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Hank said:

There, Clarence, I made it right for ya! :D

Not sure that's correct.  The others knew about slow flight and had no difficulty regulating speed accordingly, something which seems lost on today's instructors.  The only speed on the downwind is balls to the wall, when it gets busy the circuit at home is often 5 miles long and the tower is forced to reduce the number of aircraft in the circuit.

Clarence

My pattern speed in the Skyhawk was 65 knots; in the Mooney, it's 90 mph (= 78 knots). Not quite the same; the Cessna slowed to 60 knots on final, while I'm now 85 mph on final and 70-75 mph over the fence (when there is one). When I'm behind slower traffic, I extend both downwind and often a little wider, too. The nice thing about non-towered fields is that it's my choice what to do, and I've never rushed anyone ahead of me who had a radio turned on.