Inspecting secret fuel screen

Contributing to thread creep instigated by @carusoam.   I've been told at two different airports this year when challenged about the lack of use of a grounding strap during fueling operations: "Awww we don't connect the grounding strap anymore when we fuel airplanes.   That's an old wives tale."   Not making this up.

So are vaccines.   And good diet.  And truth.  And everything else being jettisoned in this seeming "age of stupidity" that we are living through.  :(

• Like 2

I read the thread creep rule today...

It says thread cream is acceptable, welcomed, and enjoyed, when if, and only if... the OP’s concern has been fully satisfied...

Now... Back to the OP... to see if there was any resolution...

:)

-a-

Note: still looking for the official o-ring part number for the fuel screen on the back of the exploding duke’s fuel pump....

Other than that... we are clear to deviate! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2020 at 11:21 AM, ukrsindicat@yahoo.com said:

Has anyone figured out the P/N for the fuel filter o-ring yet? 

I just got off the phone with Dan at Lasar.  He told me that he didn't have any instock ATM and gave me the P/N's to order them.  MS28775-114 or AN6227-12.  I have not ordered or installed them yet.  I wanted to document the P/N's here for historical record!

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pnpages/AN6227B-12.php

• Like 2