Parking Brake overhaul

Had mine repaired during a recent annual. It turned out to be a leaking hose that had been previously repaired with electrical tape. It leaked to the outside world as well as inside the cabin when we filled it up. New hose and it works great now without leaking all over the place.

You actually use the parking brake? What for?

At the hold short, I just hold the brakes. Whenever I park at an attended FBO, they always ask me to not set the brake; if unattended, I'll use my travel chocks. When at home, I'm inside a hangar and chocked.

I have no idea if my parking brake works. In the almost nine years I've owned her, that's the one control I have never moved . . . . .

Just now, Hank said:

You actually use the parking brake? What for?

At the hold short, I just hold the brakes. Whenever I park at an attended FBO, they always ask me to not set the brake; if unattended, I'll use my travel chocks. When at home, I'm inside a hangar and chocked.

I have no idea if my parking brake works. In the almost nine years I've owned her, that's the one control I have never moved . . . . .

Better make sure it works. The tiedown area at Reeves has enough slope my plane will roll backwards if the brake is not set. 

The trick is getting the plane to be still long enough to get out and use the chocks. In  my experience it started rolling immediately upon releasing the brakes. 

There is also a little place over in west Alabama that has enough slope at the fuel pump that it took 2 people to stop it from rolling.