BillC

GTX345 installed today

Recommended Posts

I just had a Garmin GTX345 installed in my Ovation. It's connected to a GNS530W originally equipped. Wireless connection to a Garmin 796 that is mounted on the control yoke. With audio alerts, that I can mute on the audio panel, and a clear picture of traffic on the 796 I'm looking forward to the return trip from Florida to Maine. For those interested, the cost was $5700 USD. The avionics shop bought my KT76A for $300 USD.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Our shop quoted 6500 and offered 250 for our GTX327. Guess I should keep looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jmbaute said:

Our shop quoted 6500 and offered 250 for our GTX327. Guess I should keep looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't feel too bad. The first quote from Sarasota Avionics in Venice Fl  was 6999. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mine is in the shop for a GTX 335 now. Using iLevil2-AW for input on the iPad

I will let you know on the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 23, 2016 at 9:51 PM, Cruiser said:

mine is in the shop for a GTX 335 now. Using iLevil2-AW for input on the iPad

I will let you know on the price.

How much was the quote for the GTX 335?  I've got three quotes locally that are all around $4100 with new encoder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to the full PIREP along with any other quirks.

-Seth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Seth said:

Looking forward to the full PIREP along with any other quirks.

-Seth

I'm flying to Sun n Fun . Then I have to request a readout from the FAA to see if they are receiving my ADS-B info. I'll post a pirep as soon as I get a response. I'll let you all know if the traffic, audio alerts and weather functions properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you had it installed, did you have them set it up to make the flight ID editable or fixed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine went in for install and the mechanic looked lost with the G-1000, O2 bottle, headliner etc., I quickly massaged the guy called DMax up they talked to each other, decided to take all the equip. to Texas and they will do the install, all of a sudden they advised a $4000 antennae, gps,xm,vhf antennae, so now I'm waiting until July. I stopped my XM since I didn't need it anymore. Nothing is easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bob - S50 said:

When you had it installed, did you have them set it up to make the flight ID editable or fixed?

It is fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2016 at 11:33 AM, Danb said:

Mine went in for install and the mechanic looked lost with the G-1000, O2 bottle, headliner etc., I quickly massaged the guy called DMax up they talked to each other, decided to take all the equip. to Texas and they will do the install, all of a sudden they advised a $4000 antennae, gps,xm,vhf antennae, so now I'm waiting until July. I stopped my XM since I didn't need it anymore. Nothing is easy

You can always go on the XM skywatch plan for boats:  9.99 per month, provides almost everything the aviation plan provides (including METARS, moving weather, etc . . .).  

I lowered my subscription from 54.00 a month to 9.99 per month once I got my Stratus 2 (from a fellow MooneySpacer when he got his new Stratus 2s).  I like the display of the WX weather on my in panel Aera 560 more than the ipad, which I need to mount, so for now I'm keeping the $10 per month XM in addition to the Ipad Stratus 2 weather . . . for now.

 

-Seth

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does that plan have winds aloft or echo tops or any other nice extra, or just the nexrad?  How about storm cells and lightning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily the $4000 antennae was incorrect  Garmin35 waas...Thanx David/Deb

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM, jmbaute said:

Our shop quoted 6500 and offered 250 for our GTX327. Guess I should keep looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm getting the NGT-9000 installed at Pacific Coast Avionics and they're giving me $800 credit on my GTX327. This was negotiated AFTER the original quote was drawn up so its not like they had a chance to bump up the cost knowing I was trading it in. Over all I think I'm getting a pretty good deal with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM, jmbaute said: Our shop quoted 6500 and offered 250 for our GTX327. Guess I should keep looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm getting the NGT-9000 installed at Pacific Coast Avionics and they're giving me $800 credit on my GTX327. This was negotiated AFTER the original quote was drawn up so its not like they had a chance to bump up the cost knowing I was trading it in. Over all I think I'm getting a pretty good deal with them. 

Are you interfacing it with anything else in the plane? I'm really interested in finding someone that has interfaced one of these units with an Aspen or GTN (if at all even possible).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marauder said:

Are you interfacing it with anything else in the plane? I'm really interested in finding someone that has interfaced one of these units with an Aspen or GTN (if at all even possible).

Unfortunately no. At this time the 9000 don't interface with the Avidyne 440s that I'm also getting and it's anybody's guess if that will eventually happen being that Avidyne has their own ADS-B OUT transponder with a separate IN solution. But I'm confident (hopeful) they will. Avidyne doesn't seem to be like Garmin where they try to tie up their products to only work with THEIR products. Only time will tell, but hopefully you looked at the tread about the new Avidyne IFD features. Wowzers!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now