201er's Caribbean Adventure #2

201er

I was waiting for the obvious follow-up scene to all that juice and Gatorade drinking. You and your wife must really enjoy the close quarters! (Although she was noticeably absent from the deplaning sequence...perhaps she had already run into the loo.)

6 hours ago, Danb said:

They do look cool, I have a couple useless pairs

Many many many shifts at all hours with the modern version of that head set.  They fall off from behind most normal ear size and no matter what size earbud you wear, they hurt your ear.  I might prefer my lightspeed zulu's for the airplane :) 

I admit I don't think I'd look good in a skinny black tie.. 

Sorry for the thread drift.

jsc2009e243741.jpg

Edited by Becca
  • Like 1

Next flight was from US to British Virgin Islands. Took off from St Thomas in the morning and made the shortest flight of the trip over to the neighboring island. We landed on Beef island and visited Tortola.

Since the flight was so short, I made this video in real time (just sped up the standing around and taxiing) with a second view inlay.

• Like 1

Another great video by Cecil B. Sazhin

My wife and I spend a week in St. Thomas each year at the Marriott timeshare. Our unit looks out over the harbor and I watch planes take off all day long and I don't believe I've ever seen a single engine airplane piston in the six years we've been going there.

On March 31, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Piloto said:

Yes. Best mod I ever had. Only $50.

José

Relief Venturi in Mooney.jpg

I'm not dumping urine all over the bottom of my airplane and not to mention the accompanying corrosion. 

Don't believe me? Take a whiz on a piece of 2024 t-3 clad aluminum and give it a few days.  It look at what's under a rats nest in an airplane. Corroded aluminum. 

6 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

I'm not dumping urine all over the bottom of my airplane and not to mention the accompanying corrosion. 

Don't believe me? Take a whiz on a piece of 2024 t-3 clad aluminum and give it a few days.  It look at what's under a rats nest in an airplane. Corroded aluminum. 

Yes it looks the same as an un-painted surface exposed to rain. The stream dispersion out of the venturi is narrow and does not get in contact with the surface due to gravity. Besides belly panels are painted. When I was residing in PR never saw corrosion on an aluminum Striker yacht. And they are exposed to salty sea water 24/7. And in those days everything on the toilet was dumped out to sea.

Ok, peepee discussions aside, here's a video of the next flight. We left Beef Island the same day and continued on to St Martin. It was a fairly straightforward 45 minute long flight IFR to St Martin at 5000ft.

Things got a bit more hectic once handed off to the St Martin controller. There was just one controller working 6 positions at the somewhat busy airport. Clearance, Ground, Tower, Approach, Departure, and Ramp control were all being handled on a single frequency by a single person! This is an airport with 767 and larger jets coming in! My initial calls were going unanswered for the first 10 minutes. When I finally go a hold of approach, I was being some unclear instructions. Still, through the confusion, I made the RNAV 10 approach, flew low overhead spectators on Maho Beach, and landed in St Martin!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Marauder said:

LOL! I've met her twice and I don't think she spoke either time.

We need to get her her very own persona here, then she can start posting.  Suggestions?

Clarence

Mike, you have on these videos a lovely record of you and your wife when you were young. Safeguard them as a treasure for your grandchildren and maybe great grandchildren to watch. I have my young experiences recorded on 8mm movie films but have no movie projector to show them. So keep your videos on a USB memory stick and a laptop so you can play them in 50 years from now even if the technology is no longer compatible.

José

• Like 1