201er's Caribbean Adventure #2

201er

Today I embark on yet another expedition to the Caribbean in my 201ER. Follow along to figure out where I am headed.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N4361H

And if that doesn't work you can follow my spot daily:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0qx3v8UKt3rtQecIVYYZyf39kIpQSWBMk

The pants have been donned and flights planned. It is time to live vicariously and virtually follow along. Chris, who has no life and is on here all day, can save screen shots of flights while I'm in the air. Thanks Chris.

• Like 10

Let me be the first to say...

Good luck, 201er!

Will you be staying in Cuba overnight?

Spouses really prefer clean pants.

Will you be filing two, or three POBs on your flight plan?

Watch the spring thunderstorms moving accross N FLA...

Best regards,

-a-

Sounds like fun.  Let me upload the flight plan for you...

land @ KFPR tonight and get a good nights rest

depart tomorrow for MYAM staying just north of MYGF airport

Enjoy the island but make plans to leave the next day for MYLS and the blue hole.

after enjoying the island and driving on the left side of the road you depart for MYEF to find miles of deserted beaches.

soak up some rays with some wild pigs walking around 

return home!

Edited by Godfather

Watched a youtube one snowy day with the toddler about wild pigs on Exuma.  Toddler now thinks all beaches have pigs. 

Itching to get out there.  Realized the toddler doesn't have a passport yet.

Have fun Michael.

Need some stinkyshorts instead...

6 hours ago, 201er said:

Today I embark on yet another expedition to the Caribbean in my 201ER. Follow along to figure out where I am headed.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N4361H

And if that doesn't work you can follow my spot daily:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0qx3v8UKt3rtQecIVYYZyf39kIpQSWBMk

The pants have been donned and flights planned. It is time to live vicariously and virtually follow along. Chris, who has no life and is on here all day, can save screen shots of flights while I'm in the air. Thanks Chris.

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey or should I say Stinky, Stinky, Stinky (since we all know it is coming). We all were, where you are now, newly married and childless.  Your time is coming buddy! 

Make sure you post lots of pictures. When I retire in the next few years, I will look at them while I am flying somewhere distant and you are wiping up a diaper explosion! 

Have a safe flight!

• Like 1

6.5 hours to Fort Pierce. Turbulent departure in Northeast. Calm neutral conditions midway. IMC Georgia coming into FL. Clear approach Fort Pierce. Shot the GPS 14 approach just cause it's late and unfamiliar. Was doing 140 on long final so Cherokee let me in ahead. Crashing here the night and departing tomorrow morning to Caribbean.

Edited by 201er
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Marauder said:

He has extended tanks.

Here is a video of him leaving my airport after filling it up all the way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Based on that video was half wondering if he decided to drive after all...  :-)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, teejayevans said:

What's process for fuel stops?  Full customs entry,exit? Is DR easier than Bahamas or T&C?

I've never done the Caribbean by private plane, so its only been research on my part.  As I understand it, the Bahamas is relatively easy, but has some fees involved.  T&C is even more expensive, border line abusive.  The DR is supposed to be very GA friendly.  I'd like to visit sometime and I can make it non-stop there.   I hear Curacao is reasonable to stop at, and I'd like to visit again. And as much as I would like to visit Aruba for a day, the fees are such that it would be cheaper to fly commercial from Curacao.    Fuel is expensive, typically north of $6 per gallon.  Freeport, and Curacao have  cheap fuel (just under $5).

48 minutes ago, chrisk said:

I've never done the Caribbean by private plane, so its only been research on my part.  As I understand it, the Bahamas is relatively easy, but has some fees involved.  T&C is even more expensive, border line abusive.  The DR is supposed to be very GA friendly.  I'd like to visit sometime and I can make it non-stop there.   I hear Curacao is reasonable to stop at, and I'd like to visit again. And as much as I would like to visit Aruba for a day, the fees are such that it would be cheaper to fly commercial from Curacao.    Fuel is expensive, typically north of $6 per gallon.  Freeport, and Curacao have  cheap fuel (just under $5).

Flying the Bahamas is great. While the fees can be downright abusive (arrival and exit fees), the scenery on the way there makes it worth while. If you plan your trip well, you can fly to a lot of destinations with land still in sight. Lastly, the Bahamanian people are really friendly and accommodating.

• Like 1