Avidyne Connectivity - ForeFlight & FltPlan Go

Avidyne is excited to announce connectivity with industry-leading app providers ForeFlight and Fltplan Go. This announcement expands Avidyne's connectivity options which include the previously announced MK10 Bluetooth® Keyboard.

Initial connectivity will allow iPads with the newly-announced ForeFlight version 7.6 to wirelessly receive and display GPS position and flight plan information from Avidyne's IFD540/440 units running the current  v10.1 software. 

FltPlan Go running on an iPad, Android tablet, and Windows 10 tablet can wirelessly display GPS position and flight plan information from the Avidyne IFD540 or IFD440 running the current v10.1 or later software.

Many additional capabilities will be added in a future IFD software release for the IFD540/440.

ForeFlight_Avidyne_xfer_1.jpg

ForeFlight IFD Connected_reduced.png

Fltplan.com_Avidyne_xfer.jpg

Fltplan.com_Avidyne_xfer_2.jpg

ForeFlight_Avidyne_xfer_2.jpg

Not to undermine the new features but why would you need an iPad when you have the IFD540. After all the IFD540 is the one that controls the autopilot. It puzzle me seen all these planes with multiple portables and iPads when is equipped with a GTN 750. Do I am missing something?

José 

• Like 1

I have the 430W and use ForeFlight. If I file using ForeFlight at home, I sometim often receive an expected route clearance via ForeFlight on my iPhone that contains as many as a half dozen GPS waypoints. It would be nice to push that clearance from my iPhone (or iPad) to the panel mount GPS navigator wirelessly or via Bluetooth, rather than having to enter each of these fixes. I've seen it on FlightStream, and it's pretty slick.

Another use for the iPad is to display a different map scale or different map underlay than on your panel mount; or show an approach chart preview, etc.   It's like having a second MFD. 

However, I think I'll be typing for awhile until I get clearance from the CFO. 

• Like 2

I just had GTN750 and Flightstream 210 installed.  Flight plan can be imported from Foreflight to GTN.  If I make a change to the flight plan on the GTN mid flight, the iPad recognizes the change and asks if I want to transfer the revised flight plan into the iPad.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2016 at 0:07 PM, amillet said:

I just had GTN750 and Flightstream 210 installed.  Flight plan can be imported from Foreflight to GTN.  If I make a change to the flight plan on the GTN mid flight, the iPad recognizes the change and asks if I want to transfer the revised flight plan into the iPad.

Cool.

Since the IFDs have built in Bluetooth AND WiFi, there is no need for additional wiring or boxes to make them work with ForeFlight, Fltplan GO or the other app vendors that we are working with. 

Two way communication between app and IFD is coming in a future software release.

• Like 1