Winter haven during sun n fun

Hello everyone, I posted before about trying to decide between the different models and I'm torn between the fuel burn,  j bar, and size of a the c and a F with electric gear, larger motor, and cabin space. It's now mainly just an intellectual battle because other than the specs I'm fairly ignorant about the reality between the two models because I don't know of anyone local who has a Mooney. So here is the thing I'll be in winter haven,fl from 4/3 to 4/8 taking my wife and kids to Disney world and sun n fun.  Would anyone be willing to show off their Mooney to me so I can get a better idea of the specs versus reality.  I plan on finding someone down there but I thought it might be nice to have something already lined up. 

Thanks in advance

Mike

I can't believe no one has stepped up for Mike!  Glad you are interested in Mooney's.  The C/E/F are all great airplanes.

Who in Florida in April wants to show off their Mooney to Mike while he's got his family at Disney? 

Bumping this back to the top.  Also, Mike, where are you located when not in Florida?

-Seth

Hey Mike, Carusoam must have missed this one I'm not sure but he is our unofficial greater (I think he moonlights at Walmart) as a greeter.  You mention kids plural so I think you will find the mid size a better fit for a family so look into an F or G as most will ask for more detail on the mission and the budget for me personally I prefer the J bar its easy to work and I think cheaper to maintain. If you have problems with your right hand arm or shoulder then an electric Mooney might be better. But its really super easy to operate. Fuel burn will be a bit less for an injected vs carb model with the same airframe. We get an honest 145 knots true at 9 gal per hour between 6500 and 9500 ft with our converted D.  Good luck and enjoy the research and search for your new airplane.

I can't believe no one has stepped up for Mike!  Glad you are interested in Mooney's.  The C/E/F are all great airplanes.

Who in Florida in April wants to show off their Mooney to Mike while he's got his family at Disney? 

Bumping this back to the top.  Also, Mike, where are you located when not in Florida?

-Seth

If I were flying my Mooney down to Sun N Fun, I would be more than willing to show Mike my F. I'm flying down in another member's Ovation. We will be at Winter Haven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I lived in WV, I found GAC Camping at LAL to be a great haven from winter . . .  ;)

Where I am now, we don't have winter. I think there was frost on my windshield a half dozen times this year, but pressing the windshield washer button took care of it.  :D

However you get there, you'll have a great time. I may pop down for a quick trip, Fri-Sat, maybe -Sun.

Official Greetings from the East Coast.... (Again:))

We've got you covered!

Once you decide that speed and efficiency is your mission, finding which is the right Mooney for you is naturally the next step.

Rules of three:

1) Mooneys come in three volumes, Medium, Grande and Venti... Simplified by calling them short body to Long Body.

2) Power comes in a few standard sizes in a range from 180hp to 310hp, then there are a few non-standard sizes...

3) Engine selections are expanded in three ways, NA or normally aspirated, TC'd or turbo charged, or both - TN'd or turbo normalized.

4) Airframe selection also comes with major options based on the pilot's specific needs.  VFR, IFR and hard IFR.

5) Budget to acquire a Mooney comes in three sizes as well.  At one end it is like owning a second car.  The middle zone is like owning a second really nice car. The other end of the spectrum is... it costs as much as a house.

6) To get a handle on all these choices there are a few choices here as well.  Visit every plane listed in trade a plane.  Visit an MSC closer to home.  Or visit a place with many planes in one place as possible.  All American Aircraft is often good place to physically visit.

These are just a few ideas off the top of my head.  I am only a private pilot working on my writing skills.

Best regards,

-a-