Mooney Caravan: Kansas Air Capital Formation Clinic

Dave Marten

56e43c1ec8d92_AirCapitalFly-inLogo.jpg.9

Mooney Caravan: Kansas Air Capital Formation Clinic

6-8 May 2016

Join us for a weekend of fun, flying, and fellowship in the Air Capital of the World!

The primary goal of the formation practice session is to introduce the basic 2-ship formation procedures required for participation in the Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh 2016 formation mass arrival to AirVenture Oshkosh. For those pilots proficient in basic 2-ship formation they will have the opportunity to both refine their fundamentals and work on 4-ship procedures. Experienced formation pilots will be paired with new pilots to serve as safety pilots.

Location: Newton City/County Municipal Airport, Newton, KS http://www.airnav.com/airport/KEWK

Dates: May 6-8, 2016

Hosts: Dave Marten (Mooney Caravan) dandtmarten@hotmail.com (605) 390-8044

FBO: Metro North Flight Support (Main Terminal) http://www.newtonkansas.com/departments-services/airport

Arrival parking is on the main ramp located immediately in front of the terminal.

Ground School: Formation Academics will be held FRIDAY evening at 7:30 pm at the Confort Inn and Suites (host hotel)

• Initial Formation Academics: Introduction and review of fundamental 2- ship procedures focusing on training requirements for the Caravan mass arrivals. Mandatory for those who have not previously attended a Money Caravan clinic. Download and review the Mooney Caravan Formation Guide and watch the Ground School video on the Mooney Caravan website training page.http://www.mooneycaravan.com/training

**Friday evening Ground School will maximize flying on Saturday.

Hotel: We have a block of rooms at the Comfort Inn & Suites at a discount rate

Call for reservations: (316) 804-4866
Group Rate: “Mooney Caravan”
Double Queen Suite $79.00

Breakfast is included 6-9am. A block of  rooms is reserved for us until April 22nd. After April 22nd the rooms will be open to other guests. Book early!

Schedule:

Friday 6 May:

- 1600-1800: Arrival Social in airport terminal

- 1600 thru 1800: Shuttle to host hotel

- 1930: Newbies: Initial Formation Academics.

Saturday 7 May:

- 0730: Meet at hotel lobby for shuttle to airport

- 0800: Mass brief – flight assignments (Mandatory for ALL pilots)

- 0830-1030: Sortie 1 (brief, fly 45min, debrief)

- 1030-1200: Sortie 2

- 1200-1330: Lunch at Airport

- 1400-1530: Sortie 3

- 1600-1730: Sortie 4

***Group Dinner/Social 1830

Sunday 8 May:

- 0730: Meet at hotel lobby for shuttle to airport

- 0800: Mass brief

- 0830-1200: AM window fly for those interested

Mooney Caravan: www.mooneycaravan.com

A $50 clinic fee will cover snacks/beverages, printing, and admin costs

Edited by Dave Marten
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, MB65E said:

Haha, that's at the restaurant right?!! How was the fly inn? It was windy, I was there that Friday. Hope your new gig is working out Dave!

-Matt

Livin' the Dream here in Wichita, KS! Although I miss military test flying, engineering flight test on Part 25 Citation Jets is a great gig! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick follow-up... I had a thoroughly enjoyable time at the clinic!  It is always fun to meet new Mooney folks in person, and develop new skills.  I'd recommend without hesitation that any Mooney owner give this a try, even if there is no interest in joining the Caravan!  

• Like 3

On 5/9/2016 at 11:55 AM, KSMooniac said:

Quick follow-up... I had a thoroughly enjoyable time at the clinic!  It is always fun to meet new Mooney folks in person, and develop new skills.  I'd recommend without hesitation that any Mooney owner give this a try, even if there is no interest in joining the Caravan!  

Pleasure to fly with you Scott! Nice work.

• Like 2