Amazon Charity donation to the Mooney Summit

mike_elliott

Hi Everyone,

www.smile.amazon.com alerted me that the Mooney Summit, Inc. And it's charitable foundation, The Bill Gilliland foundation for downed Mooney Pilots families, is now eligible to receive .5% of all your amazon purchases if you select The Mooney Summit, Inc. as your charity. Your purchases will not cost you more, but you will need to go to www.smile.amazon.com vs amazon.com when making them to trigger the charitable donation to our foundation.

Please consider signing up for this if you purchase things on amazon. We feel its a great cause that isn't duplicated by any other GA group yet, and what we dedicate our excess donations to from the Mooney Summit each year.

Thanks for considering this.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Wow. I never knew this existed.  Thanks for the heads up.

I'll change my buying by habits now.  We buy all our large bulky household items on Amazon prime so hopefully we can help via this. 

Andrew

Thanks Andrew! You have to launch your buying by going to smile.amazon.com, vs. amazon.com as it is the trigger for Amazon to make the donation. If you ever hear of a Mooney pilot's family that ever might need the aid from the Mooney Summit, Inc, send me a PM.

At SunNFun, I spoke to one of the Cardinal Group's leaders. They plan to emulate the Mooney Summit now and set up a foundation to help downed Cardinal Pilot's families. Flying Magazine editor, Dave and Debbie Kayden and I had a nice conversation about what we are doing, so I just imagine we will see Flying Mag have something that will also inspire the other make's engagement to do something similar.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

here is a FAQ on how Amazon will help our charity.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/pd/ref=smi_se_saas_lpd_spd

So far, we have reached out to offer support for 6 Mooney accidents since the Mooney Summit last October, and this is a nice way to help keep our assistance coffers topped off.

Thanks to everyone who have made donations on www.mooneysummit.com and also thanks to all of you who have selected Mooney Summit, Inc. as your smile.amazon.com charity. Hopefully, we wont have to write any more letters this year.

• 4 months later...

Time for a reminder that you, your friend and family can support Mooney Summit, Inc. and it's charitable foundation, The Bill Gilliland foundation.  It won't cost you anything; you simply need to remember to go to www.smile.amazon.com (not amazon.com) when you shop Amazon.  Even you CBs can do it (you know who you are).

Of course your direct support is always welcome.  You can donate using PayPal (as gift to iwannadonate@mooneysummit.com ).  A preferred method, which may better document your tax deductible donation,  would be to send a check to:

Mooney Summit, Inc., 1334 Riverside Dr, Tarpon Springs, Fl. 34689

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

We received $27 from Amazon last quarter from everyone's purchases who selected The Mooney Summit, Inc. as their charity on www.smile.amazon.com. Those of you who have selected the Mooney Summit as your charity and used smile.amazon.com, thank you from the entire Mooney community. Those that haven't yet, please consider this as we head into the holiday season. Your kindness will go to help a Mooney family when they need it the most.

• Like 1

Just now, Hyett6420 said:

Hmm, i couldnt find the Gililand  foundation in the smile.amazon over here.  I will try to find on the usa site, but we tend to use the UK one.  We will of course continue  to support you via other means obviously. :)  

Andrew, search for The Mooney Summit, Inc. as that is the registered 501(c)3 charity name. Thanks again for your generous donation at the Mooney Summit, kind sir!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 11/21/2016 at 2:24 PM, mike_elliott said:

Support the Mooney Community when you shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. #StartWithaSmile at smile.amazon.com/ch/47-4343940 and Amazon donates to Mooney Summit Inc.

Bump! With the holidays approaching, please keep in mind our charity to help downed Mooney Pilots families. We have aided 2 since the Mooney Summit already thanks to the kindness of our community.

43 minutes ago, Raptor05121 said:

image.png.655efcac823346babe250198ef9b1765.png

I've signed up for Prime since the Summit and with the few purchased I make a month, I'm almost up to a whole dollar. I think my goal will be $5 before the next summit. Every little bit helps!

Well, we're at $4.16. Every little bit counts

When millions of supporters shop at smile.amazon.com, charitable donations quickly add up.

A2FZEF5CUL05R6?square=true&max_width=70
You have generated
$4.16 
as of November 22, 2017

default_charity._CB284885289_.png
Your current charity 
Mooney Summit Inc
has received
$166.71 
as of August 2017

default_total_donation._CB284885289_.png
All charities have received
$62,069,818.82 
as of August 2017
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Does this work on the app at all as that's what we use?  I'm sure it does but will need one of you youngsters to tell me how and I'll tell you how to programme a VHS video recorder. :)  

I searched around in the app yesterday but could not find anyplace where it could be turned on or activated. I think it is only browser related. You could use the browser on your phone instead of the app, that is what I'm going to do if shopping from my phone. Another option that I "think" would work is if you put it into your cart on the app, but then used your browser with the "smile.amazon" link to actually check out. My wife puts stuff in the cart all the time on the app and then would ask me to buy it through a JetBlue link that would give you points (probably similar to the smile link). That worked and the points would show up so I assume the same would apply here. I've swapped out the JetBlue link and replaced it with the Mooney Summit smile link, they can use it more than I need JetBlue points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Does this work on the app at all as that's what we use?  I'm sure it does but will need one of you youngsters to tell me how and I'll tell you how to programme a VHS video recorder. :)  

I just did the work for you and got amazon support on chat. Currently it is not supported on the app, but will be escalated to the dev team to add the ability to purchase via smile.amazon.com in the near future. You must bust out the old mac, use your phone' s browser, etc to actually log into your account with a start page of smile.amazon.com. If it is any consolation, Andrew, they did thank me for bringing it to their attention as a deficit in their app.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

I just did the work for you and got amazon support on chat. Currently it is not supported on the app, but will be escalated to the dev team to add the ability to purchase via smile.amazon.com in the near future. You must bust out the old mac, use your phone' s browser, etc to actually log into your account with a start page of smile.amazon.com. If it is any consolation, Andrew, they did thank me for bringing it to their attention as a deficit in their app.

Also, Andrew may be directed to Amazon's UK site.  Andrew - do you even see Amazon Smile if you try to get to your account via browser?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Don,

Are you using a PC, iPad, or something else?

Internet explorer, or Safari...?

Or Netscape...:)

Often clicking the the close icon at the top right, makes it go away to the task bar...

It is probably hardware and software dependent.  What are you using?

Best regards,

-a-

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Raptor05121 said:

I'm almost up to $3 :D

Thanks! Its $3 that will go to help a fellow Mooney pilot or their family. In fact, this year, three of our speakers have been offered our assistance, one of them accepted, one of them is one of our sponsors. Each little bit helps to enable us to do this and put on the Mooney Summit. We spend over $65 per registered attendee to put on the Summit, and it may be considerably more this year. Be generous at check in or before so we can continue to fund the Bill Gilliland foundation at the levels we would like to aid the misfortunate.

You can zelle, paypal to Iwannadonate@mooneysummit.com :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2016 at 11:48 AM, mike_elliott said:

Hi Everyone,

www.smile.amazon.com alerted me that the Mooney Summit, Inc. And it's charitable foundation, The Bill Gilliland foundation for downed Mooney Pilots families, is now eligible to receive .5% of all your amazon purchases if you select The Mooney Summit, Inc. as your charity. Your purchases will not cost you more, but you will need to go to www.smile.amazon.com vs amazon.com when making them to trigger the charitable donation to our foundation.

Please consider signing up for this if you purchase things on amazon. We feel its a great cause that isn't duplicated by any other GA group yet, and what we dedicate our excess donations to from the Mooney Summit each year.

Thanks for considering this.

To be in compliance with the Florida department of Agriculture's donation solicitation requirements of s496.405, please note that this notice is being conspicuously displayed by the following attached compliance letter

Fl Dept of Agri approval letter.pdf

• 3 years later...

I respectfully ask each of you consider making the Mooney Summit your charity using amazon smile, and when referencing an item on amazon, replace the "www" in the address link with "smile".

This will trigger a 1/2 of 1% donation to the Mooney Summit to help assist downed Mooney Pilots immediate family. We have lost a few of our brethren lately and all contributions help us assist hurting families when they need us.

https://smile.amazon.com/ch/47-4343940 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1