mike_elliott

Amazon Charity donation to the Mooney Summit

Hi Everyone,

www.smile.amazon.com alerted me that the Mooney Summit, Inc. And it's charitable foundation, The Bill Gilliland foundation for downed Mooney Pilots families, is now eligible to receive .5% of all your amazon purchases if you select The Mooney Summit, Inc. as your charity. Your purchases will not cost you more, but you will need to go to www.smile.amazon.com vs amazon.com when making them to trigger the charitable donation to our foundation.

Please consider signing up for this if you purchase things on amazon. We feel its a great cause that isn't duplicated by any other GA group yet, and what we dedicate our excess donations to from the Mooney Summit each year.

Thanks for considering this.

• Like 2

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Wow. I never knew this existed.  Thanks for the heads up.

I'll change my buying by habits now.  We buy all our large bulky household items on Amazon prime so hopefully we can help via this. 

Andrew

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Wow. I never knew this existed.  Thanks for the heads up.

I'll change my buying by habits now.  We buy all our large bulky household items on Amazon prime so hopefully we can help via this. 

Andrew

Thanks Andrew! You have to launch your buying by going to smile.amazon.com, vs. amazon.com as it is the trigger for Amazon to make the donation. If you ever hear of a Mooney pilot's family that ever might need the aid from the Mooney Summit, Inc, send me a PM.

At SunNFun, I spoke to one of the Cardinal Group's leaders. They plan to emulate the Mooney Summit now and set up a foundation to help downed Cardinal Pilot's families. Flying Magazine editor, Dave and Debbie Kayden and I had a nice conversation about what we are doing, so I just imagine we will see Flying Mag have something that will also inspire the other make's engagement to do something similar.

• Like 5

here is a FAQ on how Amazon will help our charity.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/pd/ref=smi_se_saas_lpd_spd

So far, we have reached out to offer support for 6 Mooney accidents since the Mooney Summit last October, and this is a nice way to help keep our assistance coffers topped off.

Thanks to everyone who have made donations on www.mooneysummit.com and also thanks to all of you who have selected Mooney Summit, Inc. as your smile.amazon.com charity. Hopefully, we wont have to write any more letters this year.

Time for a reminder that you, your friend and family can support Mooney Summit, Inc. and it's charitable foundation, The Bill Gilliland foundation.  It won't cost you anything; you simply need to remember to go to www.smile.amazon.com (not amazon.com) when you shop Amazon.  Even you CBs can do it (you know who you are).

Of course your direct support is always welcome.  You can donate using PayPal (as gift to iwannadonate@mooneysummit.com ).  A preferred method, which may better document your tax deductible donation,  would be to send a check to:

Mooney Summit, Inc., 1334 Riverside Dr, Tarpon Springs, Fl. 34689

• Like 2

We received $27 from Amazon last quarter from everyone's purchases who selected The Mooney Summit, Inc. as their charity on www.smile.amazon.com. Those of you who have selected the Mooney Summit as your charity and used smile.amazon.com, thank you from the entire Mooney community. Those that haven't yet, please consider this as we head into the holiday season. Your kindness will go to help a Mooney family when they need it the most.

• Like 1

Hmm, i couldnt find the Gililand  foundation in the smile.amazon over here.  I will try to find on the usa site, but we tend to use the UK one.  We will of course continue  to support you via other means obviously. :)  

Andrew

Just now, Hyett6420 said:

Hmm, i couldnt find the Gililand  foundation in the smile.amazon over here.  I will try to find on the usa site, but we tend to use the UK one.  We will of course continue  to support you via other means obviously. :)  

Andrew, search for The Mooney Summit, Inc. as that is the registered 501(c)3 charity name. Thanks again for your generous donation at the Mooney Summit, kind sir!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Andrew, search for The Mooney Summit, Inc. as that is the registered 501(c)3 charity name. Thanks again for your generous donation at the Mooney Summit, kind sir!

Ok ill give it a go.  We do all our washing / dishwasher / housekeeper purchases on amazon so ill do these via smile if i can find this.

• Like 1

When you enter through smile.amazon it will probably recognize your computer...  having everything about you as usual.  Finding Mooney Summit should be pretty easy.

Of course international rules may be different.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

On 11/21/2016 at 2:24 PM, mike_elliott said:

Support the Mooney Community when you shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. #StartWithaSmile at smile.amazon.com/ch/47-4343940 and Amazon donates to Mooney Summit Inc.

Bump! With the holidays approaching, please keep in mind our charity to help downed Mooney Pilots families. We have aided 2 since the Mooney Summit already thanks to the kindness of our community.