another Mooney goes in

Awesome!!  I'm so glad your here to tell us the situation. You have an 18 month old thank goodness for the outcome I'd assume your first sight of her had to be the most wonderful feeling, God bless you outcome. Proud to have you aboard MS

Thanks everyone.  I will be sure to update as I get info from the investigation.  I do head to N57 often just to see what you guys are up to. Always interesting planes to see there on a sunny day.  

I have no idea how the tail ended up as it did. I really can't recall anything between initial impact and then being assisted onto the stretcher. I hit the left part of my head pretty hard on something.  Might have been knocked out momentarily.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, DXB said:

Way to go!! Wishing Olympiad the the speediest recovery and hopefully a return to the air soon.  I suspect there's a few members on here shopping for shoulder harness install now....

+1!  To YOU & to Shoulder Harnesses in Vintage Mooney's.  First thing I bought.

You survived.  Congrats.  Well done sir.  I hope, should I ever be placed in your shoes on that day, to do as well.

We are so glad you survived! Great call on the shoulder harness. Isn't the mind a funny thing how it blocks out that terrifying moment? Take your first responder out to a first class meal when you are able! [1] I hope your recovery is speedy, that you can get off the high powered pain meds soon, and that your ongoing road to complete recovery is smooth. Alert your medical team you will need complete notes, charts etc, as I have the feeling you will receive a letter from the FAA regarding their belief that your recent accident will preclude your ability to exercise your 3rd class privilege's and they will ask for them.

I just reached out to you via a PM to offer assistance from the Mooney Summit.

[1] Stan Breeden, one of the gents who pulled me from a plane in 2014 is being honored as "citizen of the year" this month for his heroism that day. Risking his life to approach a burning plane to pull me out made him citizen for life to me.

• Like 3