Sept 29th to Oct 2nd!

mike_elliott

Things are coming together nicely for the next Mooney Summit Sept 29th to Oct 2nd. We are excited that this year's Subject Matter experts will once again feature Bob Kromer, Don Maxwell, and Max Gurgew to name a few!

Ron Jarmon will have a full motion redbird sim and we are working with CAMI and Tindall to get a portable oxygen deprivation chamber for Thurs and Fri.

Keep the dates open, and keep your eye here for registration opening in July!

Sorry about that! It will be once again in Panama City Beach, Fl.  This is the fourth one, and promises to be the best yet! You can read more about it here on Mooney space thru a number of threads, Here is one such, and the website, which currently is way out of date and being updated now at www.mooneysummit.com. The Mooney Summit, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Not for profit organization that uses private and industry donations to fund the event and provide for emergency crisis intervention for downed Mooney Pilots.

Decisions...to drive or fly, this is one time that the car is quicker than the Mooney.  It's a 54 mile drive to KECP from my house.  But, a 32 mile drive to my plane and a 29 mile flight to KECP. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Supercop0184 said:

well damn Im going to have to make this since it will be my first year as a Mooney Owner eh?

lol

I think I'm In!

Please make sure you register when registration opens up to make sure your in. We need to do this for counts for the dinner, reception and to not anger the fire marshall by having more mooniac's stuffed into the conference center than they allow! Stay tuned, we will make sure it is announce here when it will open.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having made the wrong decision last time, (we were in Pensacola, already had a rental car, what the heck,) I strongly urge you to fly. That coastal drive was the longest, slowest 100-mile crawl past more money-spending opportunities than I've ever seen in one afternoon. Bet there wasn't a half mile along the entire route that there wasn't a shopping center. Went back along back roads through the pine woods to the north and saved hours.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, StevenL757 said:

So this would be my first summit, and looking forward to attending.  Would the "Origins" beach resort be a nice place to stay, and/or will they partnering to offer group rates as in previous years?

Yes,  registration will open sometime in late June or July, and will be accepting 95 pilots and spouses (space limitations of the conference center). Keep watching here for this announcement. While we filled to capacity in just 26 hrs after registration opened last year, everyone on the wait list was able to attend as there are always some instances of people not being able to come.

For those that just want to come for a day, Friday Sept 29th will be an openhouse at KECP with no registration required. There will be food, drink, seminars, most likely a maintenance clinic and of course a lot of Mooney's. Registration will be required for the Friday evening reception.

The Seahaven Corp does offer us a group rate at the origin, I don't know what that will be yet, but I will post it when its time.

http://seahavenbeach.com/properties/origin-at-seahaven/

• 2 weeks later...

We've been to the last 2, missed the 1st one, and plan to attend this year. Bob Kromer is a great resource for Mooney information. Don Maxwell has forgotten more than I've leaned in 2600+ hours owning and flying Mooneys. But I'll probably pass on the optional flying opportunities this year in favor of MAPA Foundation's PPP. 

I've attended two of the three.  It is a great place to put faces with MS names!  It's also a great place to actually see those Mooneys that can exceed Mach 2.0 at idle power burning only 9.5 GPH!  :lol:

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:19 AM, Bob_Belville said:

We've been to the last 2, missed the 1st one, and plan to attend this year. Bob Kromer is a great resource for Mooney information. Don Maxwell has forgotten more than I've leaned in 2600+ hours owning and flying Mooneys. But I'll probably pass on the optional flying opportunities this year in favor of MAPA Foundation's PPP. 

We do not have the Free FR and IPC's scheduled for this year Bob, and it was never our intent to compete with the MAPA safety foundation's class, just provide Mooney specific instruction with Mooney specific instructors. The wx really hosed us up on that last year, as you know. I could only do some pattern work with you and did get in one IPC in actual for Kim. Instead, we are desperately trying to get Tindal aligned for the Oxygen Deprivation unit for hypoxia training. We have lost a few in the last 2 years because of hypoxia, and it is in my wheel house to get this training on our schedule as soon as possible. CAMI has indicated they can possibly accommodate us in 2018 on their schedule, but are too busy until then. Major Mari Metzel (Mars) is working the Air force angle for us. We met with Colonel Byrd who is/was over the physiology group at the last Mooney Summit to start this initiative, and he is on our side, the blessing just has to come from above in Washington.

Ron Jarmon is in process of acquiring a full motion red bird sim we should have available for those that have taken Carol Ann's companion flying course and Jan and Jolie's right seat ready. Hopefully, We can put instructors with the companions for them to put into practice what they have gleaned, with oversight from a qualified instructor.

SO with all that extra time, on Thursday, you'll just have to spend it with your spouse on the beach! Friday's open house at KECP will be packed with great info and seminars from vendors IE Weep no more, L3, Avidyne, a maintenance clinic scheduled, and a Sheltair sponsored free lunch. This will be open to everyone, not just those registered for Fri eve, Sat and Sun.

I am hoping to announce a fantastic donation from Avidyne here soon. Simpson, got your ears on?

• Like 1

Just now, mike_elliott said:

We do not have the Free FR and IPC's scheduled for this year Bob, and it was never our intent to compete with the MAPA safety foundation's class, just provide Mooney specific instruction with Mooney specific instructors. The wx really hosed us up on that last year, as you know. I could only do some pattern work with you and did get in one IPC in actual for Kim. Instead, we are desperately trying to get Tindal aligned for the Oxygen Deprivation unit for hypoxia training. We have lost a few in the last 2 years because of hypoxia, and it is in my wheel house to get this training on our schedule as soon as possible. CAMI has indicated they can possibly accommodate us in 2018 on their schedule, but are too busy until then. Major Mari Metzel (Mars) is working the Air force angle for us. We met with Colonel Byrd who is/was over the physiology group at the last Mooney Summit to start this initiative, and he is on our side, the blessing just has to come from above in Washington.

Ron Jarmon is in process of acquiring a full motion red bird sim we should have available for those that have taken Carol Ann's companion flying course and Jan and Jolie's right seat ready. Hopefully, We can put instructors with the companions for them to put into practice what they have gleaned, with oversight from a qualified instructor.

SO with all that extra time, on Thursday, you'll just have to spend it with your spouse on the beach! Friday's open house at KECP will be packed with great info and seminars from vendors IE Weep no more, L3, Avidyne, a maintenance clinic scheduled, and a Sheltair sponsored free lunch. This will be open to everyone, not just those registered for Fri eve, Sat and Sun.

I am hoping to announce a fantastic donation from Avidyne here soon. Simpson, got your ears on?

Hi Mike, thanks for the planning rundown, Sounds great. Look forward to seeing you in PCB! (The FR with you was certainly understandable and I had no problem fitting a ride in with my local CFII a few weeks later.) It's going to be a great year for flying for me, D.V. Just returned from a NC to KGGG and KERV trip last weekend - logged 14.6 hours. Formation flying training @ KRMB in a couple of weeks, Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh in July. Mooney PPP in NH, a HS class reunion (55th) @ Ocean City NJ and Summit in September. Back to KERV for MAPA convention in October. That's about 65 hours in 6 months wich is about all I've been flying per year.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

Can't wait to hear what's in store for this year.

Let's remember to support those businesses that support us!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mooneymite said:

Can't wait to hear what's in store for this year.

Let's remember to support those businesses that support us!

Thanks Gus, Here is the tentative plan

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kajVt57uBRV_Nb7gUKMOVhn0zPPOmQW4VB7t3zYcEdY/edit

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:25 PM, recolimited said:

Do you have a sign up date YET for the Summit???

No, When Nick gets back from his vacation, and gets caught up at his work with Disney, he will develop the registration site. Patience, grasshopper!

• 1 month later...

Yes, registration opened the first of August and we filled within 3 days. See 

The Mooney Summit is produced by a handful of people who are volunteers. We all have full time jobs. Nick is one of these wonderful people who fit this registration function into his very busy schedule. Most people found the site easy to use and started registering on Aug. 1st. Mooney Pilots enjoy the Mooney Summit and this is one of the reasons we do this each year.