Hey all, I live in Jupiter, FL, and I'm shopping for a Mooney that's fast, bells and whistles, turbocharged, etc.  I'm just doing initial research, but I do need a few things in specific:

Good A&P services for pre-buy inspection, as well as regular maintenance, and one that's familiar with the Mooney types.
Other service providers like 02, avionics, etc, and tips on where you go would also be useful.

I live near F45, or maybe SUA, but FPR or VRB might be my home field for a while if I buy soon.  

I'm also open to any tips or advice on things to look for with certain types during the pre-buy inspection and annuals.  I'm a total newbie, so I'm tapping the knowledge base here.
Oh- I'm an ATP with 6k+ hours, but I'm definitely looking for instruction to check me out in type and get me salty.

Many thanks in advance.

- Firebird

• Like 1

For prebuy it depends on where the plane is, generally owners don't like to see their plane flown too far away. FPR has good services, including interior, paint and avionics. SUA is more jet oriented, the have Cirrus maintence but anyone I've talked to takes their plane elsewhere for service.

First thing you need to do is narrow down which model, or at least price range, turbo or NA, carrying 2 or 4.

Then there is the issue of hangars, they are tough to find in this area and expensive.

17 minutes ago, Firebird2xc said:

I'm looking at Mooney 20K/231s.  Found one that looks pretty nice.
Not sure about the sticker.

Anybody know a good place to get some Mooney instruction?

Search for Mike Elliott in the member list, he's located in Tampa area...think user name is mike_elliott.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Firebird2xc said:

feel free to give me a call or ping Firebird2xc

Mike Elliott three one seven 371-4164 mike AT aviating.com

On March 4, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Firebird2xc said:

Bravo on a wise decision, a 231 is a great plane. 

Whoops, I didn't mean to subliminally plant "Bravo" in your head......or did I ? :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Our 231 is for sale now.  I have flown it about 10 hours since completion.  I can't find anything else to fix or anything else to install in it.  If you want to check it out we are just up the street in Daytona Beach.