Pilot Relief Tube

Piloto

Well I finally gave up on the p-bottle and decided for the relief tube set up. No more loosing cap under the seat with a filled bottle, no runs to the FBO rest room to empty the bottle and the bladder, no more looking for a nice tree to hide. Now I can drink my Diet Soda in flight and no need to worry about. In fact my next project is to have cup holders.

I bought the components from Aircraft Spruce for less than $50. Took me three hours to install it on my 82 M20J with multiple belly panels. The horn hose is long enough to reach the copilThe horn and the hose stores easily underneath the pilot seat invisible.

Unlike the bottle and others you can attach the horn to you horizontally without the risk of dripping back. The suction works so well that there are no droplets in the horn or yourself. The horn is small, about 2 inches diameter opening. It can be easily squeezed into your pants. You can use a small blanket or charts for privacy. You can verify suction by putting your hand on the horn.

Because now I can jump from the plane to the crew car directly by not going to the rest room I can save 5 minutes on a trip. This would be the equivalent of a speed gain of 5Kts. on a two hour trip.  

Why the airlines should have these on every seat: 

Cessna, Beech, Piper and others have Pilot Relief Tube in some of their models as a standard option. I don't see why Mooney couldn't have it on their new models. After all they already have the cup holders.

Relief Venturi in Mooney.jpg

Relief Horn.jpg

Edited by Piloto
  • Like 1

Well I finally gave up on the p-bottle and decided for the relief tube set up. No more loosing cap under the seat with a filled bottle, no runs to the FBO rest room to empty the bottle and the bladder, no more looking for a nice tree to hide. Now I can drink my Diet Soda in flight and no need to worry about. In fact my next project is to have cup holders.

I bought the components from Aircraft Spruce for less than $50. Took me three hours to install it on my 82 M20J with multiple belly panels. The horn hose is long enough to reach the copilot. The horn and the hose stores easily underneath the pilot seat invisible.

Unlike the bottle and others you can attach the horn to you horizontally without the risk of dripping back. The suction works so well that there are no droplets in the horn or yourself. The horn is small, about 2 inches diameter opening. It can be easily squeezed into your pants. You can use a small blanket or charts for privacy. You can verify suction by putting your hand on the horn.

Because now I can jump from the plane to the crew car directly by not going to the rest room I can save 5 minutes on a trip. This would be the equivalent of a speed gain of 5Kts. on a two hour trip.  

Cessna, Beech, Piper and others have Pilot Relief Tube in some of their models as a standard option. I don't see why Mooney couldn't have it on their new models. After all they already have the cup holders.

56d9dbb329c18_ReliefVenturiinMooney.thumb.jpg.bb0efa3d31303eeac594b304f6cc86d0.jpg

56d9dbd026eab_ReliefHorn.jpg.19a93c21db238d18ffd8b26adf433b4b.jpg

It's a troubling mental image, José urinating overhead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Piloto said:

...Because now I can jump from the plane to the crew car directly by not going to the rest room I can save 5 minutes on a trip. This would be the equivalent of a speed gain of 5Kts. on a two hour trip...

Relief Venturi in Mooney.jpg

Relief Horn.jpg

How about the speed loss to parasitic drag?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, golfpilot said:

I wonder why it is raining. There aren't any clouds out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The EPA will have a field day with this. I just hope 'Jose doesn't come up with a solution for the #2 relief......at least while flying over central Texas. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piloto said:

Cessna, Beech, Piper and others have Pilot Relief Tube in some of their models as a standard option. I don't see why Mooney couldn't have it on their new models. After all they already have the cup holders

Mooney requires a retractable version! The 5 mins you saved was offset by the 5kts you lost!

Is there a female funnel adapter included or does that require a 337?

• Like 1

I always though adult diapers were the way to go.  :)   Didn't that crazy woman astronaut drive from TX to FL non stop a few years back.     Anyway, Travel John Disposable is a reasonable solution if you can't keep track of a cap.  That said, I wouldn't want to use one in turbulence.    

For me, I typically grab two 1/2 gallon containers of ice tea  for longer trips.  The first empty bottle is a wonderful receptacle.  And I always tease my wife about mixing up the bottles, which has not yet been done.   I just keep it in the plastic bag it came in and drop it in the trash at the FBO door.

The only negative I have heard about a relief tube is air frame corrosion.  That said, I would imagine some odor could build up. 

Freezing level comments are relevant.  Flew a twin commander for a number of years with a similar venturi setup, let's just say when the other end freezes it gets interesting.  We went back to GatorAide bottles (my hands are bigger than Trump's or Rubio's).

Lots of questions regarding this.

Can you just slip it in your pants before you start the plane up?

Can you get 2-4 extensions for the passengers?

Does the suction tingle?

Where do you put the tube on flights you don't want to "hook it up"

Is there some kind of wrapper protection condom thing so multiple pilots can practice safe relief?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfpilot said:

Lots of questions regarding this.

Can you just slip it in your pants before you start the plane up?

Can you get 2-4 extensions for the passengers?

Does the suction tingle?

Where do you put the tube on flights you don't want to "hook it up"

Is there some kind of wrapper protection condom thing so multiple pilots can practice safe relief?

Thank you for tuning into WTMI 1600 on the AM dial.:D

Edited by 1964-M20E
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Piloto said:
2 hours ago, steingar said:

Always hit the loo before I go and most of my flights top out a 3 hours.  Must be missing something.

You must be a young whipper-snapper. :) 

• Like 1