Post LASIK Medical Requirements

The improvements noted by @M016576 are impressive.   My friend did PRK about the same time I did LASIK and his pain was severe for about a week as the cells on the outer layer of his eye regrew.   All I had was dry eyes that required drops for about a year.  

I woke up the morning after and all was blurry in the bedroom.  Then I looked out the window- I could see individual leaves on trees 1/2 mile away. 

I had LASIK in 2008 and ended up dropping my tri-focal glasses and going to just reading glasses for up-close work. Tested out at 20/15 and 11 years later my vision has worsened to 20/20. Still need reading glasses, but after spending decades reading computer screens, hex/octal dumps, and translating 8081 cards where the ribbon was bad, I think I have gotten my money's worth.

1 hour ago, flyboy0681 said:

I had LASIK done in 2001 when I was 41. Three years ago my vision started degrading and I'm back to wearing glasses, albeit a weak prescription.

Have you checked to see if they can redo the LASIK.

12 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

Have you checked to see if they can redo the LASIK.

I'm a few years away from cataract surgery, so it doesn't pay at this point and the risk isn't worth it. I don't mind wearing glasses as much as before, prior to LASIK I had coke bottles and now my lenses are wafer thin.

32 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

I'm a few years away from cataract surgery, so it doesn't pay at this point and the risk isn't worth it. I don't mind wearing glasses as much as before, prior to LASIK I had coke bottles and now my lenses are wafer thin.

Don't hesitate on the cataract surgery. I had mine done and am extremely pleased. I thought there was a constant grey haze over my entire area of the world. It is amazing to be able to see blue skies again. I had the PRK shortly thereafter, and my eyesight is great now except for having to use reading glasses.