Quote, reply

ArtVandelay

On 2/26/2016 at 3:29 PM, teejayevans said:

So if I quote a comment, but decide not to reply, leave, then come back later, the reply is still there, if I do another quote it just gets added.

how do I cancel a reply?

Just click a link to leave the page (ie go back to the topic, for example on this topic just click "Bug reports, suggestions" from the top link to go back to the list of topics, then if you come back to this topic the post box should be cleared again.

In short, if you don't want to post - don't click the "submit reply" button - just leave it - once you surf out of that page the data in the box should be gone.

One glitch I am still seeing is the editing of a post with a quote in it. It seems to blend the message.

I will post a message with a quote and then edit it. On the edit, it seems to have lost the quote boundary. This happens on Tapatalk but the result shows up also on the website using an Internet explorer (any of them).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On February 28, 2016 at 0:11 PM, mooniac58 said:

Just click a link to leave the page (ie go back to the topic, for example on this topic just click "Bug reports, suggestions" from the top link to go back to the list of topics, then if you come back to this topic the post box should be cleared again.

In short, if you don't want to post - don't click the "submit reply" button - just leave it - once you surf out of that page the data in the box should be gone.

For whatever reason it doesn't work for me, to be clear:

i quote a comment...add some text

click bug report....

go back to this thread

and quote the same comment as before

....my reply is still there...this is on a iPad with iOS 9.2.1

If you feel adventurous try downloading Chrome in the app store (free) and see if it happens there too.  

I don't have any iPads around I can test on right now but if I think about it at my office tomorrow I can test on my iPad mini there

8 minutes ago, mooniac58 said:

If you feel adventurous try downloading Chrome in the app store (free) and see if it happens there too.  

I don't have any iPads around I can test on right now but if I think about it at my office tomorrow I can test on my iPad mini there

This is being posted on an iPad and using Chrome. Test, test, test...