Going to pull the interior

bradp

• 1 month later...

Well finally got around to binding the rest of the carpet now that I have my fancy new sewing machine.  It tears through the stuff like butter whereas I was barely getting it done with the singer.   For the past what- 9 months - I've been flying around with temporary carpeting.  This will be a vast improvement and one more step closer to project completion (ha!).  

I have some leather swatches on order on order as well - trying to find a good color and a good source for matched hydes that are both perforated and non-perforated.   The local auto supplier charges mucho too much and doesn't have perforated offerings.   Next two steps are patterning  and  ordering new seat foam.  

IMG_3648.JPG

Made a little leather pen holder that's going to get attached under the glareshield lip.  My corner was a bit off :-( . Figure it will be hidden pretty far under the glareshield.  Wife advises to put it in a place where it won't poke your eye if we have a front impact . Smart lady.  IMG_3711.thumb.JPG.ec1a992a2a52116b218553c030a449cc.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/29/2019 at 5:36 PM, 0TreeLemur said:

Does anybody know where to get colored windlace?  The new interior is going to be claret & tan colored.  Aircraft Spruce has any color you want as long as it is black.

Windlace, rug, and rug like sidewalls from...... Father/son team @KTTN.....

That’s where my M20C got hers....

They had a nice tan windlace...

If somebody would be so kind to fill in my missing memory..?

Best regards,

-a-

Today I went to the airport and investigated further.  It turns out that they are some kind of upholstery barbed buttons.  The shaft kind of looks like a ring-shank nail except they are plastic.  Pull as you may, they don't come out.  The only way to remove them is to cut them off.  Now I need to find a source of new ones.