Brend new interior

I am looking for the company that did this interior:

http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/aircraft/Single+Engine+Piston/1989/Mooney/M20M+Bravo/1778117.html

in the add , it says it is from Elite. But what Elite and from where?

I think that it is a nice interior for a refresh.

thank you.

What's a reasonable cost range to redo entire interior from a quality shop including plastic, yokes, glare shield, etc?

Expect to pay $10-12k for a turn-key job from a quality aircraft interior company like Aero Comfort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INA201 said:

What's a reasonable cost range to redo entire interior from a quality shop including plastic, yokes, glare shield, etc?

I did not have the yokes or glareshield redone, but new carpeting, seats, headliner, and plastic panels redone for $7K+

Check out my pix of interior here on MS

I would do glass first. Won't mess up the paint (if it does, it will get redone anyway), and removing required interior panels won't mess up the new ones, either.

Kind of like resealing the tanks before painting, especially if using chemical strippers since that often causes "slight" damage to the paint in the bottom of the wings. Not planning to repaint anytime soon, this is why I had my tanks done at Wet Wingologists in 2010.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, teejayevans said:

I did not have the yokes or glareshield redone, but new carpeting, seats, headliner, and plastic panels redone for $7K+

Check out my pix of interior here on MS

Just yesterday we completed the install of most of the interior plastic panels on my J.   I'm here to tell you guys that whatever they charge, pay it!  That is one heck of a lot or work to do.  I'm sure if I did another one it would be a bit faster but this first one was a bear.  Having received the wrong panels on 4 separate occasions from Plane Plastics added a whole new level of frustration that should never have happened.  IF anyone here decides to do there own interior I would highly suggest you send your panels in to have them correctly duplicated and shipped the first time.  I sent detailed photos after the first mix up and still received incorrect parts.  

My seats were in pretty good shape so they just received a very thorough cleaning and leather conditioning and were re installed as is.  Carpet is in pretty good shape as well.  We replaced all the plastic panels from the rear seat forward.  The luggage area panels were removed, cleaned, prepped and SEM painted to match the new plastic we installed.  The color match was very accurate so you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.  First batch of paint I had put into rattle cans thinking the rough texture of the plastic would hide any imperfections of using the cans.  WRONG!  If you custom match and want to paint your panels, do yourself a favor and get a good adjustable compressor and paint gun system.  Significant difference in finish quality when I finally used the correct tools.  YMMV on this point if you are an experienced rattle can painter.

I also learned the value of using a heat gun judiciously to soften the plastic for a cleaner, tighter fit on panel joints and obstacles underneath the plastic that were not molded into the plastic originally.  The visor attach points come to mind.  Once I had a few screws in place to put a good tension on the panel over the attach points, I heated the panels just enough for them to smoothly mold around the fittings and then drilled holes after they cooled to run the bolt thru.  

Hands down the most labor was on the overhead center panel.  Cutting and aligning the multiple holes and openings was a very slow process.  We then used the heat gun on several different items to make it all fit smoothly. We probably put this one piece in and put of the plane 25 times during the fitting and cutting process.  Very time consuming. 

A cordless Dremel is my new favorite tool for this type of work.  My wife had given me one some months ago and I kind of laughed when I saw it.  Sat unused in my tool box until this job.  Best tool I could have asked for.  Thank you to my wife for that.  

End results are pretty good.  I'm sure a professional shop could have done better but would have cost quite a bit.  My panels were about $1,700 total. We worked somewhere between an estimated 75-100 hours on the interior alone.  Again, being a novice makes this much slower.  

Tim

• Like 1

When I had my annual done, we pulled out the interior, threw it in the back of my son's pickup, and he drove it down to AeroComfort in San Antonio.  It took about three weeks as I recall for Hector and crew to turn it around.  When it came back, my A&P installed it all.  He said it was the easiest reinstall he'd ever done - I think he was skeptical about my shipping everything out, but he was very impressed with Aerocomfort's workmanship.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Responding to some questions about my post, our interior was done 3 or 4 years ago. You need to call for current pricing. We had ours removed during annual shipped to Texas and reinstalled by our shop. I would not recommend that, let Aero do everything you will save time and money in the long run. All panels are covered in leather, or leather- like material. We love it and their work is worth whatever they charge.