dissappearing topics

Cruiser

Is there a way to turn off making the topics disappear after you read them during the current session?

I always use the unread content button to see new messages. When I open a topic and read then go back to the list, that topic is no longer listed. Sometimes I want to return to a previous one but it has disappeared already (in the current session).

In other words, don't remove the message from the list until I mark the site read.

I thought the whole point of "Unread Topics" was to show the ones you haven't read yet. . .

Try using the "Back" button. I don't use the Unread function, but often after reading a thread and hitting "Back," it will still show in unread format. The New MS puts a horizontal blue line in threads to show how far you've read, makes it simple to find where you left off the last time.