Anyone have the maintenance manual for a vacuum-powered speed brake (Precise Flight)?

RobertE

Can anyone help?  The cables that deploy the brakes seem to have a lot of slop in them but, then again, I don't know if that's the way it's supposed to be.  Precise Flight has the manual for the current electric model on it's website but not the old vacuum-powered one.

Thanks everyone.

Call Precise Flight.  They still had some parts laying around for those old systems last time i needed some.  The cables that are run through the wheel wells in the nylon tubing are not under tension when the speed brakes are not deployed.  Even when they are deployed the cables not real tight.  If they are working other wise I wouldn't be concerned.

There is no manual for vacuum speed brakes. Check the conduits to see if they have become so brittle that they are falling apart; eventually they fall apart and the cable hangs up during retraction although they still tend to deploy fine. Check the resistance by pulling the cable by hand at the vacuum bellows to see where any resistance might be. These are very simple - just like bicycle cables pulling the speedbrake open while a spring on the brakes pulls it back closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone interested I now have the installation manual for the vacuum powered speed brakes from Precise Flight.  I offered to pay but they wouldn't accept.  If interested just send me a message with your email.  It's a nearly 3 meg file.

• Like 2