Map Lite (Light) Button Replacement

I've got a 1976 F with a "Map Lite" button on the right grip of the pilot's yoke which turns on the small light bulb socket under the pilot yoke only. There was a little plastic snap on cover piece but it broke and now there's only the sharp metal plunger sticking out. I've been looking all over but can't seem to find one anywhere in the Illustrated Parts Catalog or online anywhere. I can't be the only one who has one of these and a quick call to the folks at LASAR confirm it's not original to that model Mooney. I briefly searched the logbooks for a signoff with the repair station who wrapped the yokes in leather since LASAR said they were probably the ones who installed the map lite button and plate but I came up empty handed. Any help locating one would be greatly appreciated!

-Kyle

Sorry for not posting a picture and for making you all wait so long! I was having difficulties uploading. I think Daver328 is on to something. From your picture it seems we have the same yoke, only like I mentioned before, mine is leather wrapped. I navigated around aircraftspruce a bit and came across these http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/infinity-switchcaps.php They look like what I'm searching for. The button clicks just like the old HI/LOW beam button on the floorboard of your old cars and trucks. Does someone have a J model IPC they could send me or perhaps I'll give Dan at LASAR another call tomorrow.

Map Lite.png

They must have gone to J yoke in 76.  or it was converted.   My Mongo 75 yoke definitely have the map light on the left side down below the PTT.

The 74 models had what you saw in the late 60s, the 75 models had the Mongos and at some point in 76 they switched to the newer style.

My 1975 had an AD on the shafts and when I decided to install the STEC 60-2 in 1998, I had the yokes and shafts upgraded to the newer style. Mooney at the time was selling a complete kit to perform the upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:09 PM, N201MKTurbo said:

N201MKTurbo was right. This was in fact the correct cap for the map lite switch. Thank you so much for your help! Hopefully, others may find this thread useful if they are looking for a replacement cap as well.

• Like 1