Mooney Family Descendants?

pinkiedog64

There is a modern video that includes some of the original people from the factory called 'Boots on the Ground' it tells the story pretty well.  It was produced by Jolie / MooneyGirl.  

I found it pretty interesting.  It came with a T shirt too.

You can search this site for it...

Best regards,

-a-

On January 27, 2016 at 3:22 PM, pinkiedog64 said:

Hello all,

First post here.  Mostly a lurker :)

Wondering if any of the Mooney family is still around?  Were any of Art and Als' kids/family involved with the factory?  Purely curious.

Thanks,

Stephan Nelle

Welcome to the discussion. 

A few unspoken rules. 

Don't feed the animals ( you will figure out who they are :))

Don't get on Marauders bad side!!!!!!!

dont hold back any Mooney question you may have. This forum most likely has more Mooney real world knowledge than anywhere else.

oh, and don't be a lurker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcstealth said:

Welcome to the discussion. 

A few unspoken rules. 

Don't feed the animals ( you will figure out who they are :))

Don't get on Marauders bad side!!!!!!!

dont hold back any Mooney question you may have. This forum most likely has more Mooney real world knowledge than anywhere else.

oh, and don't be a lurker.

Agree.  Welcome Stephan.  Glad to have you.  Own a Mooney, or looking for one?  Where are you located?

Regards, Steve

Carusoam,

Thanks, I've seen it, and even own a copy!  I was at the Homecoming when they first showed it.  I don't recall any info of Art or Als' kids in the movie.  I may need to re-watch it.

Mooneymite, 

Thanks, this is the sort of info I was looking for.  Curious if any of the family was involved with the company after Art and Al left Mooney.  It is interesting to see how much kids do/do not follow in the footsteps of their parents regarding career.  I certainly did not; my dad was a wildlife biologist.

Steve,

Don't own a Mooney, though would like to some day.  Don't have PPL yet.  On and off (mostly off) working on it as time/money/interest permits.  More likely candidate for airplane for me would be Luscombe, Taylorcraft, Champ, etc.  Would be purely a hobby and already have other expensive hobbies so would need to keep it fairly low cost.  I live in Kerrville and am an engineer at the factory.  Since I work at the factory and enjoy airplanes, I am naturally interested in reading the forums dedicated to the airplanes we build.

Stephan

Stephan,

I didn't mean to oversell the video.  My memory of what is in it is limited.  The public Mooney family was Art and Al.  

We know the factory folks had children.  At least one of the factory employee's kids has been an MS member for many years.

There are two (?) Mooney books as well.  Have you seen these?  (I have not)

Larry Ball's Those Remarkable Mooneys

Hope that helps...

Best regards,

-a-

Oh no problem.  Good video and very cool to see the history of the company and people even long before I was born.  

I've started reading Those Remarkable Mooneys but don't yet have a copy of The Al Mooney Story.  The history of Mooney is fascinating (to a nerd), as I'm sure all airplane OEMs' history are.  

2 hours ago, pinkiedog64 said:

Oh no problem.  Good video and very cool to see the history of the company and people even long before I was born.  

I've started reading Those Remarkable Mooneys but don't yet have a copy of The Al Mooney Story.  The history of Mooney is fascinating (to a nerd), as I'm sure all airplane OEMs' history are.  

Which side of the engineer fence do you lay on? Good to know we have another factory guy (and girl) around.

welcome to the forum