How safe is it?

Just now, N201MKTurbo said:

It is F'in freezing outside (38) but I'm going to ride with the bike club this morning, they leave in 20 min...

I'm going to ride my computrainer today - watching the ice fall from the sky out the window - watching a movie and following metal man's draft.  (This is bike geek talk for those in the know).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, C-GHIJ said:

Careful, exercise can kill you......personally, I'm not going to take the risk.   Safer to just stay on the couch.

Careful, those couches and chairs can be dangerous.

http://www.la-z-boy.com/content/recall/

Not to mention

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10/14/is-your-chair-killing-you-the-consequences-of-comfort.html

On January 15, 2016 at 9:49 AM, Hank said:

But I'm an ambidextrous eater, and hold the fork equally well with either hand. :D  

Me too, but I don't need forks, they're too dangerous. I just grab the food with both hands and shove it in my face!! :D

5 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

I'm going to ride my computrainer today - watching the ice fall from the sky out the window - watching a movie and following metal man's draft.  (This is bike geek talk for those in the know).

http://www.pmbcaz.org/maps/MummyMountain.pdf

My legs are sore....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I'm envious.  Can't ride with the ice, snow and frozen mud chunks on the shoulders.  Can't ski after the freezing rain clobbered the trails.  Can't fly with the never-ending icing and low ceilings.

All I have left to do is work through the "honey do" list.  She-who-must-be-obeyed is happy.  Me, not so much.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cyril Gibb said:

I'm envious.  Can't ride with the ice, snow and frozen mud chunks on the shoulders.  Can't ski after the freezing rain clobbered the trails.  Can't fly with the never-ending icing and low ceilings.

All I have left to do is work through the "honey do" list.  She-who-must-be-obeyed is happy.  Me, not so much.

There was a lady from Toronto riding with us this morning. She just came down here to ride.

1 hour ago, Cyril Gibb said:

Our xc skiing is a wreck too.  Worst anyone has ever seen this far into the winter.  SO I am keeping happy with my computrainer and my concept ii xc ski poling machine, and netflix.

So there I was Dec 8th.   It was a great December day for a bike ride.   Took the ride with the least roads.   Connecting bike paths and only one major road crossing.   On my way from the bike path to the neighborhood there is only 450 yards of road.   I going south a car is approaching from the north.  I see his tire go across the center line I hit the brakes, then I see him turn back across the line.  I was thinking whew that was close and then I was rolling off his hood onto the ground. as he accelerated into me.

Broken septum.  

His quote from the accident report

I WAS DRIVING NORTH ON SHERWOOD FOREST. I ATTEMPTED TO TURN LEFT INTO THE COLLISION CENTER. MY VEHICLE WAS 85 PERCENT INTO THE PARKING LOT. THE BIKER SPED UP AND STRUCK MY VEHICLE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE.

Little does the driver know that I was GPS tracking my ride.   I sure hope he tells some lies in court.

You just can't get far enough away from stupid people to be safe

• Like 1

Yep.  I have been off the bike since the 8th of Dec.  It seems to be coming together just some pops and other things that seem to be working out.   We just agreed on the bike repair.  Close to $2000.00 for a new front end on the bike.   It's a carbon steer tube, carbon stays that I did not want to ride after the crash. I was doing 15-18mph and it bent the front wheel out of alignment so it was a pretty hard hit.

My left outer thigh left a big dent below the window pillar.  A good size dent in the hood from where my elbow hit it.

2 hours ago, Yetti said:

Yep.  I have been off the bike since the 8th of Dec.  It seems to be coming together just some pops and other things that seem to be working out.   We just agreed on the bike repair.  Close to $2000.00 for a new front end on the bike.   It's a carbon steer tube, carbon stays that I did not want to ride after the crash. I was doing 15-18mph and it bent the front wheel out of alignment so it was a pretty hard hit.

My left outer thigh left a big dent below the window pillar.  A good size dent in the hood from where my elbow hit it.

Wow sorry to hear that.  Glad you are recovering.

On January 16, 2016 at 11:19 AM, aviatoreb said:

Slow down there buddy - Choking threat. 

It's a skill handed down over generations in our family. You learn as a child two things-

1. What it feels like to start losing air due to food blockage and to recognize those feelings and what you must do.
  2. How to perform the Heimlich maneuver by yourself by slamming your chest against the edge of the dinner table.

It's not a pretty sight at Thanksgiving when there are small youngsters attending. :huh:... ;)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
6 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

nope just cultured. :):) 

Thank you.

There you have it folks - I have been declared cultured - and from a real European-guy, and one with whom I have even had the pleasure to share a meal.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 1