Mooney Caravan Formation Clinic-Yuma AZ

CCowboy

The fifth annual Mooney Caravan Yuma Formation Clinic is scheduled for February 4-7.  See attached flyer for details.  This is an outstanding opportunity to receive your formation basic training or recurrent training for the Mooney Caravan this summer.  We have tracks for "newbie" basic training as well as advanced 4-ship training and practice.  The cutoff date for registration is Janurary 14th.  Please review the attached flyer and comply with the registration instructions.  

This years event will be combined with the Red Star Pilots Assn with their pilots flying Yaks, CJ's, and T-34s.  We all have similar flight envelopes so we all should be able to play together.  This is your best chance to get formation qualified for the Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh if you live on the west coast.  Any questions, just email me.

Chuck "Cowboy" Crinnian

Gunfighters Yuma Clinic 2016.pdf

• Like 1

Super bummed about this. That's the only week that I have plans that just cant be changed. I have the biggest race of the year on the 5th. Cant imagine that I'd be able to drive 3 hours home, then back to the airport and fly to Yuma, but I have done stupider things before.

Edited by StinkBug

My brother-in-law sent this link to me.  Blue Angels from within the cockpit of number 4(?), the slot team member.  Use your mouse to rotate the views in azimuth and elevation during playback.  Totally cool. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/11/12/experience-the-blue-angels-in-360-degree-video/75044212/

I know we can't do things to such fine tolerances in our Caravan flying because we just do not have the time for the practice.  (150 practice runs before their first public appearance??).  Just not us.  

But we do know our limitations and since we are not doing the 18 inch separation formations, I think we do very well indeed.  

Do we have any ex military jocks on the forum now?  And I mean more than Darwin.  One of you convince George Perry that what we do in the Caravan does not need a lifetime of close tactical formation training - but enough to keep us safe and prepared for whatever should be expected.

I am looking forward to the Caravan again this year.  Yves and I will be practicing in Feb (hopefully) and April before I finally back on the continent in June.