IFR Flight to Reid-Hillview

xrs135

1 hour ago, zerobearing2 said:

Enjoyed the vid! Makes me want to get my IPC and take advantage of the the cold winter temps!

Noticed the iphone you have mounted on the co-pilot side running a "backup" EFIS -- curious, what app? You gave me great idea for my old iphone now :)

Cheers!
-Dave

The app is free in the app store, by Stratus... it's called "Horizon." Obviously, you need to have a Stratus (with AHRS) for it to work... but it works REALLY well.

The best part is, when you have a complete failure of everything in the plane, the battery on the Stratus and the old iPhone will continue to run for a long time by themselves. It's the CB's life-saving setup! :) 

Oh, also, the Stratus is able to feed AHRS info to two devices... so for me that's the iPad with synthetic vision, and the iPhone.

Edited by xrs135
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bob - S50 said:

NIce.  I like the paint on your plane too.

Just curious, did you pick up any ice on the way out of Reno?

No ice. The cloud layer was really thin, and starting to break up in places. It did cross my mind though. I got a tops and neg ice pirep from SWA before I departed.