How my CFI died

4 hours ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

That is all someone from South Jersey can bring?  Funny.  

"onions and whizz"  says it all.

I will speak from experience.  South Jersey boys on a hangover day can whip the shit out of Iowa rednecks. And I'm from the midwest..

Edited by jetdriven
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Tony Armour said:

Still waiting on my DVD Don, whats the hold up........I sent the money five minutes ago !! 

Friends and family too so no fees, in turn I'll take a couple days free flight training :-) 

Something I should have gotten years ago.

EDIT: I just read the last two pages of this thread. On the Beechtalk forum, probably the best around, you must use your real name. No hiding behind an alias ......... Same folks are to chicken shit to put their location. If one is not willing to do that then they're not even worth having here.

Tony,

I agree with your Edit, I've never typed anything that I wouldn't put my name behind.  If Ive offended someone, I've apologized, I'm big enough to fall on my own sword.

Clarence

7 hours ago, Tony Armour said:

Still waiting on my DVD Don, whats the hold up........I sent the money five minutes ago !! 

Friends and family too so no fees, in turn I'll take a couple days free flight training :-) 

Something I should have gotten years ago.

EDIT: I just read the last two pages of this thread. On the Beechtalk forum, probably the best around, you must use your real name. No hiding behind an alias ......... Same folks are to chicken shit to put their location. If one is not willing to do that then they're not even worth having here.

On Beechtalk the admins would have locked the thread , and possibly removed the Members.....Alan Fox , Cherry Hill NJ....

• Like 1

Sooooooo.......it's a New Year and time for some "new" subject matter! LOP anyone?! 

We haven't talk about large women in a while. Shall I rally up the Thundering (Thighs) Herd for their 2016 introductions? They always seem to help squash misguided threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jetdriven said:

no continuous operation. I read a thread where a Hartzell rep said that was equivalent to 5 minutes.  So less than 5 minutes, ignore it.

Always figured that was true, nice to see it confirmed.  Thanks, Byron.

Apparently Beechtalk has over 35,000 members.  I have learned a lot over there on the Avionics topics.  Everyone treats each other cordially for the most part.  Mooneyspace should require real names, as does Beechtalk,  to prevent some of the responses we have seen in this thread--in my opinion.

• Like 2

There are now companies that will compile your input into social interaction media to determine things like credit score and hiring.  We are quickly becoming United States of Amerika.  You could probably figure out who I am and where I'm based, but you'd have to work at it.  I like it that way.

Exactly.  I am here to discuss with people, mostly on the general topic of airplanes.  A few people seem as if they are here to vent out their frustrations of the day by attacking each other and eating their young and fellow aviators for breakfast.  As a punching bag or something.  I cannot imagine this is identical to their behavior in real life.  Meaning that they are posting in a manner they would not if it was more so attached to the true them.  They take on an alter ego avatar identity to express something they cannot in their daily life.  Happily it is just a few people or I would simply stop reading here.  

This discussion that we should do like beech talk and post true names has come up here before.  Not least of which during the timmy thread I think if I remember right.  God bless those who want a thread like that, or people who jump on and attack Don out of the blue, but it is just not what I am here for.  I am here to enjoy talking about airplanes but also to learn from you folks, especially folks like Don.  You saw I got snarky standing up to the bully of Don since I have always stood up to bully if I can.  Seemed like the right thing to do.

When I first joined seemed like everyone had an avatar so I choose an avatar that reminds of my name- aviatoreb for the initials of my name.  But sometime a few years ago when the discussion of misbehavior came up, I put my true name in the signature block and where you can find me.  I suggest either we as a forum agree to trade in our fake names for true avatar names - call me ErikBollt, or we all agree to put our true names at the bottom of the listing like many of us do.  I think beech talk has the right idea.

• Like 2

PM me and I will gladly give you my name and address.  Many here know "who" I am.  (And where I am FROM).  I went down the full disclosure road before.  Somebody put my home address out there in the link...Ring a bell JetDriven?   The proper place to complain about lack of names, home airport, sexual preference, political status, what position you prefer in bed would probably be for the Administrator...

I attacked no-one personally on this thread.  Don did so on a previous thread when I questioned him.  Jack's surprise that the pile is on me alone.  Whatever.

I have been called out here for asking questions and stating my opinion.  Some do not agree with or value my opinion.  Fine.

I have remained within the decorum of the moderator regarding personal attacks.  Some have not.  Again, WHATEVER.

I call them as I see them.  Others do too.  Fine.

If you feel like you or someone you care about has been "wronged" by me on this thread PM me...or put the specific statement I made here that offended and I will review it through your filter and if wrong...say "Sorry" and mean it.

This is an open forum for pilots to express there views and for others if they don't like them to challenge them.  I find you "folks" that call me an ass vs. providing a case...where someone DID (PeeVee) regarding my questioning of the training video...to just be lacking.

Everything I posted in this forum I would say to your face.  I welcome you calling me an ass face to face.  I am more about  action than words under certain circumstances...

On January 2, 2016 at 5:10 PM, MyNameIsNobody said:

I had an audible gear and pre-stall alert installed in my plane.  It IS a potential life-saver.  Sorry this happened to someone you cared about.  We are ALL human...and fly machines made and maintained by same humans.

On January 5, 2016 at 6:44 PM, MyNameIsNobody said:

Is the video available on You Tube?  Is it "Free"?  You had stated in a previous post that you "don't need to instruct"...train.  Why not post/donate a potentially life saving video to the aviation world?

On January 5, 2016 at 10:11 PM, MyNameIsNobody said:

How long is the video?  What is a breakdown of the "instructional material content"?  Does the video cover landings in short/medium and long body Mooney's to include discussion on each and differences regarding power plants/Flap application/speeds.  Is it narrated/subtitles/slow motion.  Does it discuss when things aren't going right (speed/to high/to low) with actual examples?  Power on and flaps with go-around?  All different models?  What does a buyer get for his $25 bucks other than a couple testimonials that it is fantastic and all right?

I wasn't suggesting it should be free.  I know nothing about this video.  I do know what I think of the master flight instructor and he has communicated what he thinks of me on this forum.  Again, I was told that he "doesn't need or "do it" for the money.  

If you haven't flown a Mooney/are transitioning/have landing issues...$25 bucks is a value IF it covers your Mooney (power-plant and airframe).  They (Mooney's) aren't "generic" and the video shouldn't be either.

On January 5, 2016 at 10:30 PM, MyNameIsNobody said:

Do I ask if they washed their hands after they wiped?  No.

Everybody go buy the video he is hocking on the thread.  May his bank account swell from the fantastic...all right piece of work.

May all lemonade stands prosper.

On January 5, 2016 at 8:27 AM, MyNameIsNobody said:

Did I help sell the video?  You are welcome.

Did I inhibit sales of the video?  I'm sorry.

You decide.  Let me know how January sales were year over year...(2015 vs. 2016)

I think an audible gear/pre stall alert and low fuel alarm would also help keep our "Insurance rates down"...

21 hours ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

Another "guy" that has clearly communicated what he thinks of me on the forum...as have I.  For the record, I do not work IN a manufacturing facility.  I work with many customers some of whom DO operate within a four walls location.  I am a Certified "Professional".  I DO need to work to live.  I do NOT, however, LIVE to work.

Questions.

Opinions.

Saying how sorry I am at the loss of another that was respected...loved.

Snarky wax on/wax off replies to Snarky statements...

I give better than I get.

Free speech.

(For now alive and well on Mooneyspace)

If I offended your sensibilities or challenged your individual and collective thought...

GOOD.

3 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

...A few people seem as if they are here to vent out their frustrations of the day by attacking each other and eating their young and fellow aviators for breakfast.  As a punching bag or something.  I cannot imagine this is identical to their behavior in real life.  Meaning that they are posting in a manner they would not if it was more so attached to the true them.  They take on an alter ego avatar identity to express something they cannot in their daily life.  Happily it is just a few people or I would simply stop reading here...

Yup, imagine that!  Some think they're a legend in their own mind! As they have all the virtue! They go to the extent of concocting stories about other pilots to make them look bad and make themselves look good! They call them names like "stupid kiddies" and go on building a web and get tangled up in it! They do call it the ww web for a reason!

They wouldn't dare do that in person!

I'm all for full identity disclosure. 

14 minutes ago, PTK said:

Yup, imagine that!  Some think they're a legend in their own mind! As they have all the virtue! They go to the extent of concocting stories about other pilots to make them look bad and make themselves look good! They call them names like "stupid kiddies" and go on building a web and get tangled up in it! They do call it the www for a reason!

They wouldn't dare do that in person!

I'm all for full identity disclosure. 

Peter, I think you and I just agreed on something.  Full identity disclosure.

Seriously folks, is it a change we could make?. By vote maybe?

Erik

2 hours ago, steingar said:

There are now companies that will compile your input into social interaction media to determine things like credit score and hiring.  We are quickly becoming United States of Amerika.  You could probably figure out who I am and where I'm based, but you'd have to work at it.  I like it that way.

I have always been an advocate of using real names and locations. For the most part, this is for practical reasons. If I go to the Mooney Summit or the MAPA homecoming, I would like to know that the person I'm seeing/meeting is someone I know from Mooneyspace, without having to go through the mental gyrations of trying to connect the pseudonym and real name. Knowing where a poster is located (like knowing their plane type) helps me in evaluating their comments/questions. I also do not discount the likelihood that people posting anonymously may be less considerate of other's feelings

I am glad to share my identity and whatever limited knowledge I have with my fellow Mooney pilots. However, I am relatively ignorant about someone using information on our forum in a way that may be detrimental to us. Is this a real concern.  How does that work. It would seem to me that the worst thing that anyone could find out about me is that I am an aircraft owner (thus, one of those despised rich folks).  

I just think they ought to require you to list your Mooney's N-number. 

If you don't have one, then you get the label: I have no Mooney, hence I have no life.

Lastly, if your Mooney is Super you get to bounce people off the list.