Recommended Posts

Commercial flights and trains are cancelled out here in the NYC area.... Snow snow snow

snowhere to go:),

-a-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Mooney driver now a plow driver... Still need to know how to be smooth on the controls

ad70e6a681d3a6783dc3b8c92174dce1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A beautiful day for flying.  I just dropped off my friend at his strip, on departure he snapped these.

image.jpg

image.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A beautiful day for flying.  I just dropped off my friend at his strip, on departure he snapped these.

image.thumb.jpg.1000c7854caa865f161a541d7e8b8d76.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.e6283bb11898127c29c6905aff24ae89.jpg

I thought your plane required a trailing KC-135. Don't see one in the photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 6, 2016 at 1:08 PM, flyboy0681 said:

Two highlights of 2015 were flying up to to the Asheville area and checking into Little Switzerland Inn and meeting Gary Jensen. Second highlight was flying over to the Bahamas and spending the weekend in Elbow Cay with Daver328 (Dave Herman) and his wife Tammie. Now that was a lot of fun.

Did you guys talk politics?:P;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I thought your plane required a trailing KC-135. Don't see one in the photos. emoji928.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's orbiting overhead, but not for me.  My fuel burn is miserly compared to my friends Quest Kodiak, 50 GPH for 170 KTS.

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile today over the Texas hill country... Rocket, Sandman, and Rhino getting in some formation work on the way to lunch.

Texas2.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile er uh over central MD...there was a huge snowstorm that curtailed almost any activity not involving a shovel or a plow.

photo.thumb.JPG.414fd4bf587eb3c30fc4a27a

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shadrach said:

Meanwhile er uh over central MD...there was a huge snowstorm that curtailed almost any activity not involving a shovel or a plow.

photo.thumb.JPG.414fd4bf587eb3c30fc4a27a

No flying for a week at least...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!!! I hate it when an OLD thread pops up as a new one,,,,,   soooo I read again anyway,,   Oh well....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mpg said:

Wow!!! I hate it when an OLD thread pops up as a new one,,,,,   soooo I read again anyway,,   Oh well....

The point of this thread is for an ongoing spot for folks to share their flights. See today's flight 2015 and you can read lots of posts on the subject. The thread was so full I wanted to start a new one for this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something happens with the forum software...

when you push the 'unread content' button it usually goes to the last posts you have read...

sometimes it starts at the first thread and you read and read and read... Till you find the thin blue line where you left off...

MPG, is that what you mean?

Best regards,

-a-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY we had some flyable weather it's been 23 days I think thats the longest inactivity since I got our Mooney. Met a nice gent at STS today he had a real nice 64C . It was just another milk run but who cares we were up with the clouds and made 2 nice landings 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, carusoam said:

Something happens with the forum software...

when you push the 'unread content' button it usually goes to the last posts you have read...

sometimes it starts at the first thread and you read and read and read... Till you find the thin blue line where you left off...

MPG, is that what you mean?

Best regards,

-a-

 

 

22 hours ago, bonal said:

The point of this thread is for an ongoing spot for folks to share their flights. See today's flight 2015 and you can read lots of posts on the subject. The thread was so full I wanted to start a new one for this year.

I do believe this happened to me before,,,   My dyslexic finger hit the,  show me the thread button,

instead of the show me the 1st unread post button.

And although it sounds like I complained,,  I have Enjoyed reading about all the gooder flight reports in the thread.. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 24, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Oscar Avalle said:

No flying for a week at least...

 

Already cleared and open!

image.thumb.jpeg.605b4bce384c752ba660680

image.thumb.jpeg.12d58da8384ea7640a7a9d2

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Not here!

72d14e4f2cf3a19e48831a5c91541ec7.jpg

9e3e0bdc84b93b2d923331cd5848ca92.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ugh. This afternoon I helped my father in-law clear the snow away from his hangar in preparation for the plows at FDK. He doesn't expect to be out until Wed. HGR was open for OPs this morning, but the T's were still buried. We're close to completely clear now. They have some wicked looking snow removal implements.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Marauder said: Not here!

72d14e4f2cf3a19e48831a5c91541ec7.jpg

9e3e0bdc84b93b2d923331cd5848ca92.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ugh. This afternoon I helped my father in-law clear the snow away from his hangar in preparation for the plows at FDK. He doesn't expect to be out until Wed. HGR was open for OPs this morning, but the T's were still buried. We're close to completely clear now. They have some wicked looking snow removal implements.  

I stopped by the airport tonight. The township plows and front end loaders are there. Hopefully they will make a dent in it tonight!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a real mission today. Took a fellow from work who needed some aerial photos of an oil spill containment and clean up site. He is a fan of GA and has flown as a PAX in many types but was his first time in a Mooney. He really liked my Mooney.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on my cross country time this evening. 55nm, KSEE to KHMT and back in 1 hour from start-up to shut-down burning 10gph.... Pretty fast!

20160126_172604.jpg

20160126_172600.jpg

20160126_172856.jpg

Edited by jonhop
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.jpeg.41c440cdbfb3ad7a328abadThe weather in Idaho has been terrible for flying this winter.  El Niño has been keeping KIDA socked in.  Finally got to start up 62G and go flying yesterday.  Did some slow flight and stalls.  Practiced landings at U02 (Blackfoot).  DA was only 3,000 feet, I felt like a flat lander.  Climb at 1,200 FPM.  Almost 75% power!  

Edited by dfgreene61
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 A trip from Byron (C83) to Madera, CA (KMAE) and back.

large.56aa643c4aad0_IMG_1214copy.jpg.263large.IMG_1215.jpeg.4b15d9f53736277645dalarge.IMG_1216.jpeg.3beb16caed2878694e9clarge.IMG_1217.jpeg.e42f9fdbab6cef64e11clarge.IMG_1218.jpeg.7f6e02fe7103c524af12large.IMG_1219.jpeg.0478ec2e3f2efb009f33large.IMG_1220.jpeg.008552cd3f2951f5bc52

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madera is where we bought our Mooney, that must have been yesterdays weather cause its back to solid OVC and its raining again. But the lakes are filling up woohoo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now