2016 today's flight

bonal

Well I didn't think I would get in another flight this year and we just made the hop over the hill to STS almost no body flying today. The  weather cleared off to a perfect day for flying. We parked next to the only other plane on the ramp a 231. I love making this short little 12 minute flight instead of the hour and a half drive. Yes there is airport time but that's part of the fun. Thanks to all that took the time to add to this thread and to those that read the many posts. 2016 was a tough year and the flying was so helpful to keep things in perspective. God bless

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm going to sneak one more post in under the wire here. I know it's 2017 in NYC, but here in Cali it's still 2016. Went out Friday for some more transition training. We were supposed to go out today too, but the weather never cooperated. Just finished writing up Friday's flight, complete with some time in the rain, a few goofs on the radio, and what amounted to about half a spin during a power on stall... 2016 has been great, I learned to fly, bought a plane, and made a lot of friends here that I hope to be able to meet some of in 2017.

http://intothesky.us/2016/12/30/flying-in-the-rain/

20161230_103706.jpg

• Like 7

I flew from KPNE to KROA in the morning (31 Dec) and fought a nasty headwind the entire way. At times my groundspeed was in the low 80s.  However, climbing higher for the return flight I was rewarded with a groundspeed of 180+ for most of the flight. I snapped this pic on the descent. That's in a 180 hp C model!  

IMG_3409.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2016 at 7:56 AM, Zwaustin said:

Quick trip to Arizona and back over the 3 day weekend. The track is the Inde motor sports ranch in Willcox, AZ. The orange pit is the old copper mine in Bisbee, AZ. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those pics bring back memories , Bisbee is my home town 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2017 at 9:25 AM, Zwaustin said:

Bisbee is a cool little town. On that trip we went to Douglas, I'm sure you know where that is. Just got back from Scottsdale two days ago, I prefer that to Douglas and Bisbee area!!

If you are a "foodie" and ever get down to Bisbee, try Cafe Roka (www.caferoka.com) that is my sister Sally and Rod Kass (RO-KA) resteraunt - Usually ranked in top 10 high end quisine destinations in the state. They have **amazing** food and very reasonable prices. If you fly down, check their open days on the website and probably want a reservation. When we were on a Europe trip even some of the locals in Paris had heard about and been to the RaoKA while on US travel. Rod used to be chef at the 5 star Registry resort in Scottsdale and wanted to open his own place and did it in Bisbee. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If you are a "foodie" and ever get down to Bisbee, try Cafe Roka (www.caferoka.com) that is my sister Sally and Rod Kass (RO-KA) resteraunt - Usually ranked in top 10 high end quisine destinations in the state. They have **amazing** food and very reasonable prices. If you fly down, check their open days on the website and probably want a reservation. When we were on a Europe trip even some of the locals in Paris had heard about and been to the RaoKA while on US travel. Rod used to be chef at the 5 star Registry resort in Scottsdale and wanted to open his own place and did it in Bisbee. 

I'll have to add it to the list for AZ. I'm always looking for someplace to fly family to when I am out there visiting and it's not a long flight from Chandler in a Mooney.

On 3/14/2017 at 1:02 PM, bonal said:

Just an FYI there is a 2017 todays flight thread but it dont matter I love all the posts

Funny thing, when he posted and revived the thread it took me a few minutes to realize it was the old 2016 thread. I was looking for the recent posts and was thinking something had gone wrong on the forum and they had been deleted. I was about to post a "What happened, where did they all go" post when I noticed the "2016" in the thread title.

• Like 1