2016 today's flight

bonal

4 hours ago, mpg said:

I will start with,, congradulations!!!...   looking forward to the plane skinny...

Well I dont want to jinx it either,, but, Im filled with confusion...

You are based in gcd, Oregon?   But might as well be in bfe, in Texas?  only 1032 Kmi apart?  seems odd

And where did you drive 4.5 hr from?  to the plane? where?

then flew for 2 hr?, to where?,,, what?, and back?,,,   then drive 4.5 hr?,,, but only get 1/2 way home?

Hey mpg,

marcopolo is correct. When I put it might as well be BFE I didn't realize it was an actual airport in Texas. But thanks to Mooney Space I found that out:) the owner of the plane and I flew it around for just about 2 hours. It is based out of 5S9. It will go to KTTD later next week for the pre buy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

To and from BFE...?

All the extra work/prep makes the acquisition process go much smoother.

Way to go, Charles!

Good luck dotting all the i(s) and crossing the t(s).

Best regards,

-a-

You and many others on MS have helped a great deal to point me In the right direction to dot and cross them. 

• Like 2

Today's flight cancelled due to another f,ing fire have the week off and we were going to get away for an overnight trip but yesterday the saw mill fire broke out around ten miles from home. TFR did not close Lampson but if they lose it and expand the restriction might not be able to get back in. Plus hard to relax not knowing how the fire will go. Nuts! I for one can't wait for winter.

Quick question. How do you manage not to get the propeller in your "engine on" photos. What settings do you use?

Well I wish I could come up with something clever to say but I am guessing I just got lucky. I hadn't even noticed the prop wasn't in the picture. It was taken with an iPhone 6s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

In that case you are officially off my xmas card list, you lucky sod.  I so so want to take pics without the prop but digital cameras inc the iphone seem to just add it in. :)  

Andrew,

Not sure if this will help, www.nflightcam.com

Clarence

Thanks 
Thanks Clarence.  I did a bit of research and discovered you can change the shitter speed on your iPhone and also the exposure etc.  Fascinating.  I had no idea it was so powerful a tool. Thank you for the enlightenment.  https://support.vsco.co/hc/en-us/articles/203226970-Advanced-Camera-Controls-for-iOS-Using-Shutter-Speed

Andrew

In the states we call that a shutter, a shitter is something else completely
  • Like 5

Thanks 
Thanks Clarence.  I did a bit of research and discovered you can change the shitter speed on your iPhone and also the exposure etc.  Fascinating.  I had no idea it was so powerful a tool. Thank you for the enlightenment.  https://support.vsco.co/hc/en-us/articles/203226970-Advanced-Camera-Controls-for-iOS-Using-Shutter-Speed

Andrew

I will look at the settings on my phone and let you know what they are. I'll wear my gloves when I look for the shitter....;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I took a short flight over to KCDK to bolster my short field confidence and to my delight on the ramp was a beautiful "J", N3512H. As I was exiting 88V, the owner Dennis and his son and daughter arrived in the local taxi (shout out to Judy) and we did some Hangar flying. Dennis is a CFII and is giving instrument instruction to his kids. Pretty cool.

I took this video of their departure.

• Like 4

I took a short flight over to KCDK to bolster my short field confidence and to my delight on the ramp was a beautiful "J", N3512H. As I was exiting 88V, the owner Dennis and his son and daughter arrived in the local taxi (shout out to Judy) and we did some Hangar flying. Dennis is a CFII and is giving instrument instruction to his kids. Pretty cool.
I took this video of their departure.

The strobe frequency is awfully low? Like 10 seconds between flashes.

Fun flight today.  Milk run FWQ to LYH.  Once again thunderstorm avoidance was the theme and I had some fun with it.  I stayed up at 11.5 VFR for the first 3/4 of the trip so I could see the build ups.  LYH was in the clear for about a 30 min window and i could correlate the NEXRAD to say that all heavy high stuff and all the building stuff was beyond our destination.  With that info took a dip into IMC and did the GPS 22 into LYH.  My wife took a fun time lapse out the window.  

Strange - looking at that screen capture the ADS-B wasn't showing a giant cell over ROA / BCB.  

image.jpeg

image.png

• Like 2