2016 today's flight

bonal

On January 6, 2016 at 1:08 PM, flyboy0681 said:

Two highlights of 2015 were flying up to to the Asheville area and checking into Little Switzerland Inn and meeting Gary Jensen. Second highlight was flying over to the Bahamas and spending the weekend in Elbow Cay with Daver328 (Dave Herman) and his wife Tammie. Now that was a lot of fun.

Did you guys talk politics?:P;)

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I thought your plane required a trailing KC-135. Don't see one in the photos. emoji928.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's orbiting overhead, but not for me.  My fuel burn is miserly compared to my friends Quest Kodiak, 50 GPH for 170 KTS.

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc

2 minutes ago, mpg said:

Wow!!! I hate it when an OLD thread pops up as a new one,,,,,   soooo I read again anyway,,   Oh well....

The point of this thread is for an ongoing spot for folks to share their flights. See today's flight 2015 and you can read lots of posts on the subject. The thread was so full I wanted to start a new one for this year.

Something happens with the forum software...

when you push the 'unread content' button it usually goes to the last posts you have read...

sometimes it starts at the first thread and you read and read and read... Till you find the thin blue line where you left off...

MPG, is that what you mean?

Best regards,

-a-

FINALLY we had some flyable weather it's been 23 days I think thats the longest inactivity since I got our Mooney. Met a nice gent at STS today he had a real nice 64C . It was just another milk run but who cares we were up with the clouds and made 2 nice landings 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, carusoam said:

Something happens with the forum software...

when you push the 'unread content' button it usually goes to the last posts you have read...

sometimes it starts at the first thread and you read and read and read... Till you find the thin blue line where you left off...

MPG, is that what you mean?

Best regards,

-a-

22 hours ago, bonal said:

The point of this thread is for an ongoing spot for folks to share their flights. See today's flight 2015 and you can read lots of posts on the subject. The thread was so full I wanted to start a new one for this year.

I do believe this happened to me before,,,   My dyslexic finger hit the,  show me the thread button,

instead of the show me the 1st unread post button.

And although it sounds like I complained,,  I have Enjoyed reading about all the gooder flight reports in the thread.. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Not here!

72d14e4f2cf3a19e48831a5c91541ec7.jpg

9e3e0bdc84b93b2d923331cd5848ca92.jpg

Ugh. This afternoon I helped my father in-law clear the snow away from his hangar in preparation for the plows at FDK. He doesn't expect to be out until Wed. HGR was open for OPs this morning, but the T's were still buried. We're close to completely clear now. They have some wicked looking snow removal implements.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Marauder said: Not here!

72d14e4f2cf3a19e48831a5c91541ec7.jpg

9e3e0bdc84b93b2d923331cd5848ca92.jpg

Ugh. This afternoon I helped my father in-law clear the snow away from his hangar in preparation for the plows at FDK. He doesn't expect to be out until Wed. HGR was open for OPs this morning, but the T's were still buried. We're close to completely clear now. They have some wicked looking snow removal implements.  

I stopped by the airport tonight. The township plows and front end loaders are there. Hopefully they will make a dent in it tonight!

• Like 2

Had a real mission today. Took a fellow from work who needed some aerial photos of an oil spill containment and clean up site. He is a fan of GA and has flown as a PAX in many types but was his first time in a Mooney. He really liked my Mooney.

• Like 2

image.thumb.jpeg.41c440cdbfb3ad7a328abadThe weather in Idaho has been terrible for flying this winter.  El Niño has been keeping KIDA socked in.  Finally got to start up 62G and go flying yesterday.  Did some slow flight and stalls.  Practiced landings at U02 (Blackfoot).  DA was only 3,000 feet, I felt like a flat lander.  Climb at 1,200 FPM.  Almost 75% power!  

Edited by dfgreene61
  • Like 3