New Member Groups

mooniac58

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone - I just recently purchased a 62 M20C as my first plane and feel extremely fortunate to have stumbled on this gem and this forum.  I have already found this MS to be extremely useful and appreciate all the Mooney owners who took the time to document their trials and tribulations for us newer owners.

mooney 2.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes unfortunately crashes happen around the area, very mountainous and unforgiving. 

I want some speed, good fuel range, nice handling,  solid IFR platform, easy maintenance,  and decent short field performance. Typically will be flying alone, or with one to two passengers, not a ton of baggage, but will do some long trips with two of us and camping gear while exploring the far north areas of BC and Alaska. Mooney has always intrigued me, but never owned one. The life "Happening " scenario took me out of the aviation world for many years, when my wife passed away, and suddenly I was a single father. Now with my girls all grown up, and moving to Revelstoke, cutting back on the amount I work, but the work i do requires I travel a lot and far, I'm taking flying lessons again since my license lapsed, could have done the minimum to get it back, but with how much I've forgotten, not to mention that things have changed significantly since I first learned to fly in 1989, yes I am old, doing it all over from scratch. While lusting for a new Ovation Ultra, but may well buy a used plane instead. The last plane I owned was a twin (Seneca), will not have another twin, twice the issues, for less performance. My favorite was my 210, and I see a Mooney as an upgraded 210 in most respects, especially since I don't need seating for more than 3. In the past I was changing planes frequently, and older ( hopefully wiser) I would like to be in the same plane 20 years from now, if I can still be flying by then. Honestly the search for my next plane was leaning towards a Bonanza or 210, but soon strayed into the Mooney area, and then fully into looking at what Mooney will it be, reading some here as a lurker, last night decided to register as a forum member. Since I tend to use short runways, and not all are paved, maybe I should be looking at a Husky or even a 182, but my heart is set on the Mooney's love to go fast, on minimal power, and reasonably efficient fuel burn. 

• Like 1

Mooneys are all about speed and efficiency...

Many are owned as Forever-Planes....

The kind you can afford into and through retirement...

As far as experienced flyers go... we have a couple octogenarians around here...

Find the threads regarding grass strips and short strips...

Some of us actually live on some really nice strips.   (Not me, yet... :))

We have a couple of MSers in Western Canada and Alaska...

If really fortunate, some people have two different planes... one for long X-countries, and the other for the really rough out-back...

runways around 2k’ are very useable... If basing there, consider what else is around for emergency ops.... or where the nearest fuel and maintenance can be found...

Something to look forward too....

Transition training... Something you can do to get used to a new to you Mooney... You will find out very quickly how well your flying skills demonstrate their hibernation skills.... most will awaken pretty quickly... some may take a day or two... others may need to be revised completely....

Enjoy the next steps...

It is great hearing good news from the Revelstoke area... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Almost Mooney owner here! After 12 months of searching, comparing, and contemplating; I'm about 24 hours from picking up a 75 M20F from its pre-buy inspection. I'll be sure to post pictures and updates as I go. I've been watching, reading, and learning on this site for most of that year and really do appreciate the knowledge a new mooniac can find here. 

Frank

• Like 4

Just now, MooneyPoor said:

Almost Mooney owner here! After 12 months of searching, comparing, and contemplating; I'm about 24 hours from picking up a 75 M20F from its pre-buy inspection. I'll be sure to post pictures and updates as I go. I've been watching, reading, and learning on this site for most of that year and really do appreciate the knowledge a new mooniac can find here. 

Frank

Congratulations and welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

I Donated!  Keep up the great work. This is a great site to keep all Mooney Pilots together and in the loop with each other.

It is great to be able to help each other in this environment.

I love my M20C.  Subscribe and fly along at http://YouTube.com/PilotFun101 

#AviationIsFamily #AviationIsWorthPursuing #HelpingToInspireOthers

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Hiya.  Im being a dumb brit again.  When you post, your little map appears at the bottom of your post, but i cant find in my profile where i can paste my little map so it shows when i post.  Could you possibly help?

thanks in advance.

i have managed to create the map, thats was the easy part. :)

Under your user-id, drop down to "Account Settings". Takes you to where you set up your default signature with the ability to add a file to display.

3 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Hiya.  Im being a dumb brit again.  When you post, your little map appears at the bottom of your post, but i cant find in my profile where i can paste my little map so it shows when i post.  Could you possibly help?

thanks in advance.

i have managed to create the map, thats was the easy part. :)

Absolutely, PM me you email address and I'll help you get set up.

5 hours ago, GlahnGolfRomeo said:

Hello Mooneyspace

I’ve owned an m20k for two years I’ve flow it about 400 hours. Very happy, joined  Mooney Space to hear from others. 

Tyler 

Welcome to the site Tyler.

Let's see if I can beat the usual's to this...  

Pictures are required, you know "pics or it didn't happen.

Add some information to your avatar, like location, general is fine.  It helps to answer questions.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all. Little slow at posting here. Been trying to rack up some hours (25 so far) in my new bird (1959 M20A) but after a 4 hour flight one of the mags stopped working. That has opened a can of worms and now she sits torn open with mags sent off for overhaul. One cylinder removed and un repairable and soon she will sit with no top end because the others are getting shipped off for inspection. 

So.  Here I type instead of doing some sort of training or figuring out how much this is all going to cost me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...