New Member Groups

mooniac58

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, rcwagner said:

What's the difference between a Basic Member and a Junior Member?

"Junior Member" is a reflection of how many posts you have made to MooneySpace. I don't know all of the levels or the bracket points, but it just gives you a rough idea of how long each member has been here and posting, along with the numeric counts shown below each avatar that show total posts and number of "likes". There are quite a number of level descriptors.

"Basic Member" is opposed to "Supporter". Some members of MS choose to make a donation to help with site admin and such, and are identified as Supporters. One of the great things about this site is that there is no obligation to make a donation because one of the goals is to effectively share information and ideas among us Mooniacs and make it available to all who wish to participate.

Cheers,
Rick

26 minutes ago, Junkman said:

"Junior Member" is a reflection of how many posts you have made to MooneySpace. I don't know all of the levels or the bracket points, but it just gives you a rough idea of how long each member has been here and posting, along with the numeric counts shown below each avatar that show total posts and number of "likes". There are quite a number of level descriptors.

"Basic Member" is opposed to "Supporter". Some members of MS choose to make a donation to help with site admin and such, and are identified as Supporters. One of the great things about this site is that there is no obligation to make a donation because one of the goals is to effectively share information and ideas among us Mooniacs and make it available to all who wish to participate.

Cheers,
Rick

I think "supporters" are spared from seeing some(?) ads. And I think a donation makes you a "supporter" for a year.

• Like 1

Membership levels based on post counts...

1) these are standards of a computer software package that do not apply to MSers...

2) Members can hit the highest level with about 100 posts...

3) yeah, that might take a day... for a newbie... on a mission...

4) The best level is one that can be purchased... for a small donation...  small equals... less than 1amu... this gets you out of seeing endless ads... the best part... you decide how much you want to pay... there is a recommendation when you look into it...

5) Special rights are afforded to members with 30k posts... a very special club... :)

PP thoughts only, not a computer guy...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2015 at 2:00 PM, mooniac58 said:

Hello All!

Ok, I have finally gone through and set each user that has donated to Mooneyspace with the group "Supporter" - you will see this under your avatar in posts, etc.  Members that have not donated will appear as "Basic Member."  Any member that has donated $10 or more in the past 12 months will be a Supporter.  I don't have an automated way of doing this so there will likely be lag in getting your supporter status after donating.

Note that we will be putting in advertisements in the site soon.  Supporters will not see these ads and Basic Members will.

If you have not donated in the past year please consider doing so to support the site. btn_donate_LG.gif

Also note that I don't have record of the members that sent in checks - if you did please let me know when you did this and I can find the deposit record online.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Craig

Just donated! woot woot  Y^_^Y

• 1 month later...

Greetings Mooneyspace.  Is this the right place to say hello?  I am the newest new member.  Picked up a new to me 83J a few weeks ago.  So far it's going ok.  I have no doubt I am going to have a lot of questions.  This seems like a great place for that.  As for basic info I have about 600 hours, mostly in a 172 that I owned for a while before I took an 8 year break in flying.  Planning to fly a lot between San Antonio and Denver.  My mission if you want to call it that is to just get in a bunch of traveling to wherever the weather looks good for the next 6 months or so before going back to work full time.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Pentsuxtube said:

Greetings Mooneyspace.  Is this the right place to say hello?  I am the newest new member.  Picked up a new to me 83J a few weeks ago.  So far it's going ok.  I have no doubt I am going to have a lot of questions.  This seems like a great place for that.  As for basic info I have about 600 hours, mostly in a 172 that I owned for a while before I took an 8 year break in flying.  Planning to fly a lot between San Antonio and Denver.  My mission if you want to call it that is to just get in a bunch of traveling to wherever the weather looks good for the next 6 months or so before going back to work full time.

congrats and welcome aboard....!

... and no...  :)

This thread was actually intended to discuss user groups being added... subjects, not people...

... but... it does work better as a welcoming spot than the original does...

So...  either way... nice to have you on board!

Best regards,

-a-

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Just about to close on my first ever airplane on 5/7, a 1965 M20E, and excited to start being part of the Mooney crew. Really love these planes and excited to spend some time in this bird.

A little about me:

I am a CFI and aerobatics instructor/former corporate pilot who changed careers from aviation so I could make enough money to spend it all on aviation. Yeah, in hindsight it doesn't sound the most well thought out. Was going to go the Pitts route and then found out we were having a baby last year so the Pitts will come when baby girl is older and can fit. Anyway plans changed and I remembered how much I loved my students M20K which brought me to this plane. I am in the Santa Monica area and just looking to putt around and build memories with my family, also will use the plane for business. Have approximately 2,500ish hours in all sorts of aircraft. Would like to really get my knowledge of these planes top tier and offer Mooney specific instruction for new owners down the road for fun as my passion truly is in flight instructing.

Anyway looking forward to contributing,

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mary Margaret said:

Hi, I am a new member and just donated. I want to post a request in the market place for an “airplane wanted“ but it will not let me in to post. I am looking for a Mooney with very specific features. Thank you!

You are all set now.  Thanks for your support!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

New guy here. Not an owner but a pilot. Flew in M20C Ranger as a passenger..I have to say I'm very impressed by its performance and kind of hooked. I trained in a C172/180 and have been flying it. I'm pretty much interested however, owning one isn't definitely in the cards yet.  all your mooneys are definitely beautiful. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, among you since the beginning of 2014, I have never presented myself, just reading you, to get to know you better and discover you through this passion for Mooney. Not much to say about me, I have been a mechanic and pilot for more than 30 years, I am passionate about aviation and I have restored several" old " machines. The Mooney is a long-desired bird, but I was waiting for the rare pearl in my eyes, the one that has a cachet and a story. It is made with this 67 F, rare pearl in France

• Like 2

I’m not new to the forum or ownership but this J is my new ride! Big thanks to Jimmy G for all his help and patience with this one! As many have said the really nice one never see the market, I got the email from Jimmy and immediately let him know to get the process moving! 

FM

02B

09810E4D-E992-4BA2-A9D7-A6779B012804.jpeg