New Member Groups

mooniac58

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, new member.  I'm very interested in Mooneys,  never been in one but like everything I read about them.  I am located in Oklahoma so if anyone wouldn't mine taking me up sometime I would greatly appreciate it.

Im located in Northeastern Oklahoma up around Tulsa. Currently taking lessons. 

Edited by JDM
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JDM said:

Hello all, new member.  I'm very interested in Mooneys,  never been in one but like everything I read about them.  I am located in Oklahoma so if anyone wouldn't mine taking me up sometime I would greatly appreciate it.

JDM,

Welcome to MS.

Fill in the information under your Avatar, Oklahoma is a big state.  Also tell us more about yourself (flying experience, etc.) 

Forgot to put some info in my "hello" post. I also haven't figured out how to update information under the avatar. I don't see the option.

I'm currently instructing in the T6 at Sheppard AFB. I'm looking into Mooneys for family trips across the Midwest to visit family (4 total pax, kids less than 150 lbs combined). I have time in fast jets and King Airs but growing my GA piston experience and I've never owned a plane. MS has been a great educational resource.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New member here from Goldsboro, NC.  Currently flying the F-15E at Seymour Johnson AFB and in the market for a Mooney M20J to purchase.  I haven't done GA flying since about 5 years ago but the wife and I have saved up and decided a Mooney is what we would like buy.  If anyone knows of a CFI or flight school in Eastern NC with a Mooney, please let me know so I can get some practice in on the landings.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Peden3 said:

New member here from Goldsboro, NC.  Currently flying the F-15E at Seymour Johnson AFB and in the market for a Mooney M20J to purchase.  I haven't done GA flying since about 5 years ago but the wife and I have saved up and decided a Mooney is what we would like buy.  If anyone knows of a CFI or flight school in Eastern NC with a Mooney, please let me know so I can get some practice in on the landings.

There may be someone closer but @midlifeflyer (Mark Kolber) is a CFII in the Raleigh area... I think he's a member of a flying club with a couple of Js.  

• Thanks 1

This is a goofy thread....  it traps people accidently.

The thread title is related to a site management idea, for new subject categories.  It was for new (member groups).  I don't think it had much to do with the new members themselves... :)

You might want to start a new thread, specific to Finding a CFI in Wichita Falls...

You know?

Best regards,

-a-

This is a goofy thread....  it traps people accidently.
The thread title is related to a site management idea, for new subject categories.  It was for new (member groups).  I don't think it had much to do with the new members themselves... 
You might want to start a new thread, specific to Finding a CFI in Wichita Falls...
You know?
Best regards,
-a-

Ha! Yeah, it totally got me. The parenthesis helps. Off to find the map thread, I know I've read it before. I might have to drive closer to OKC or Decatur or DFW metroplex unless here's some stealth CFIs around here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Greets all.  New member, non-owner, and looking to learn what I can about the type.  Flew in an M20F a very long time ago, but nothing newer.  Am casually shopping and considering for potential ownership by end of 2018.  Would love to find a resource to learn more about the different models and capabilities.  Live in Yorktown, VA and if anyone is local and willing to chat look me up.  Would also appreciate tips on local training and recurrency options/FBOs.  Need to get back in the air!

12 minutes ago, Pnzrldr said:

Greets all.  New member, non-owner, and looking to learn what I can about the type.  Flew in an M20F a very long time ago, but nothing newer.  Am casually shopping and considering for potential ownership by end of 2018.  Would love to find a resource to learn more about the different models and capabilities.  Live in Yorktown, VA and if anyone is local and willing to chat look me up.  Would also appreciate tips on local training and recurrency options/FBOs.  Need to get back in the air!

Pnzrldr,

Welcome.  Here is a link to a page that will give you a pretty good idea of the different models: https://lasar.com/mooney-buyers-guide/

The least expensive way to get into a Mooney would be a C, E, or F model.  For slightly more, the J model (201 or 205) will give you about 10 more knots and the world's most efficient 4 seat production airplane.  If you want to go higher and faster for a little more than that, look at a K model (231 or 252).  If you have more to spend than that you are way above my pay grade.

Here is a good review of the "C": M20C

Here is one for the "E": M20E

Here is a good review of the "F": M20F

One for the "J": M20J

One for the "K", "231": 231

And finally the "K", "252": 252