New Member Groups

mooniac58

8 hours ago, Supercop0184 said:

Paul, let's go flying Monday. I'll meet you at San Marcos mid day if you're up for it and able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good. And thanks for meeting us yesterday. It's a really nice C you've got there.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2016 at 11:42 AM, carusoam said:

[...] It's a very soft sell.  You come, you hang out, you get welcomed aboard about the time you make your first post.

About the time you realize the value that MS provides, you are ready to make a donation. [...]

Precisely how it happened for me.  I found this site then started perusing the posts then decided the camaraderie feels good (I think one can get a feel for a site pretty quickly.  Are the users all just a bunch of cantankerous curmudgeons or not -- just to be clear I didn't get the curmudgeon feel here) so made a very small donation as a "tip of my hat" gesture. 

When I finish ground school this summer (start in July) (I'm not even a student pilot yet) I'll make it a treat to make another donation.  It will be like tipping the dealers at a craps table, you don't just throw down a chip as you would at a blackjack table but rather you place their tip as a bet and if it wins they get a larger tip.  If it loses they get nothing.

Thanks so far for the interesting reading.

Welcome aboard, Rod.  

We have at least one MS member at KAPA.  I tried to monitor one of his flights on flightaware earlier this week.

As for being curmudgeonly...  It takes time to achieve that level.  It is hard to be a curmudgeon, use a computer and get out to a Mooney fly-in on a nice weekend.

MS members range from being in their 20s up into their 80s... Curmudgeon is not age related.  We have some pretty young curmudgeons...:)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New member here

Just joined the site because im looking at a 2000 Ovation 2 with 310stc and know very little about mooneys at this point. 

Would love if someone could point me in the right direction to start looking on this site about some things i might want to know from stuff to look at on the prebuy to operation. There seems to be alot of info here but i have quite gotten a grasp on the organization of topics or where i might find the required knowledge i seek

Thanks

-Erik 

Welcome aboard Erik#2.  We already have an Erik (a Rocketeer).

The search box at the top right is going to be your friend.

the 310 HP Ovation is a spectacular plane.

Some basic homework will aid you in becoming comfortable while you are searching.

topics like....

1) pre-purchase inspection.  PPI 

2) Mooney Service centers or Mooney specific mechanics.  MSC 

3) Mooney specific transition training. TT 

4) insurance 

5) Screamin' Eagle

6) Standing Ovation

7) O3

8) what does your typical flight mission look like?  Are you instrument rated? IR

9) 02 systems

10) FIKI systems

these are the top 10 things that come to mind...

Don't be afraid to start a new thread specific to your search.  Appending it here won't be as fruitful...

Best regards,

-a-

• 3 weeks later...

Just joined and made a nominal donation! The Mooney is a super aircraft and I am looking to get into one within the next two months! I look forward to meeting folks on line and at fly ins across the country. I will search the pages first to answer any questions I may have, all the best!

• Like 1

I found my Mooney C at FYE....not too far from you.  Buying/owning/flying my own airplane was a great experience; still enjoying it after 18 years.  Jump right in, the water's great! 

Good luck to you, sir.

You'll find that in some places, the hangar list is a fairy tale.  If you're ready, have a plane....and the cash, you can sometimes move up very quickly....as in, "Yeah, I know you're #205 on the list, but we've got an opening for you if you take it today".  However, some places, #2 on the list isn't good enough....ever.

31 minutes ago, Bayern Speed said:

I am in Memphis, looking at the M20J. Thanks for the welcome aboard!

Hey Bayern, I am a fairly new member and Mooney owner. This group has been fantastic for me in my quest for information. Best of luck on your search for a "J".

By the way, based on your screen name I am assuming you drive a BMW? Maybe an "M"?

On 6/12/2016 at 6:01 PM, Chupacabra said:

Hey Bayern, I am a fairly new member and Mooney owner. This group has been fantastic for me in my quest for information. Best of luck on your search for a "J".

By the way, based on your screen name I am assuming you drive a BMW? Maybe an "M"?

LOL, no BMW for me, great cars though! Wife is from Bavaria and I drive a Jetta TDI.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On June 12, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Bayern Speed said:

Just joined and made a nominal donation! The Mooney is a super aircraft and I am looking to get into one within the next two months! I look forward to meeting folks on line and at fly ins across the country. I will search the pages first to answer any questions I may have, all the best!

B, any luck yet? I'm on the search, too! S20

1 minute ago, Bayern Speed said:

Yep! I found an M20F, 1975 that I like. Getting the pre-buy done next week and going to look at it all opened up next Friday the 9th. If all goes well, Friday the 16th I will be an official Mooney driver!

Good luck and welcome to the forum.. If you are ever in Dyer County (KDYR) be sure to look me up. Where did you find the F, locally?

-Tom

Yep! I found an M20F, 1975 that I like. Getting the pre-buy done next week and going to look at it all opened up next Friday the 9th. If all goes well, Friday the 16th I will be an official Mooney driver!

There are a number of 75 F owners on the site. So feel free to pick our brains if you run into questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk