New Member Groups

mooniac58

It's a cost of 2 gallons of AV gas for no adds! In a C it's about 15 minutes of entertainment, a J about 13.3 minutes and in my S about 9.6 minutes (Of course I cover a lot more ground but that's a different subject). I have spent a lot more minutes on MooneySpace. Not that I'm advocating a higher donation:)

Craig,

Ads are good things.

I hope there is a place , An Add Page,   so I can go and check out the cool stuff. GoPro should pay well to be on this site, and Aspen.  I hope I don't miss out on some new electronics because I'm a supporter and will miss their ad. 

Carl

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Anyone with more than 50 posts without the Supporter tag ought to be ashamed...  just sayin'...

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....

There are some of us out here that made larger than the $10 contribution more than a year ago....No credit for that, but it doesn't mean we haven't been supporting Mooneyspace.

Judge not.....:angry:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mooneymite said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....

There are some of us out here that made larger than the $10 contribution more than a year ago....No credit for that, but it doesn't mean we haven't been supporting Mooneyspace.

Judge not.....:angry:

Well said Mooneymite.... apologies... 

But Friday starts a whole new year ;-)

• Like 1

Charity shaming was on a South Park episode.  Don't you feel ashamed when standing in line at Publix and they ask you to donate and you just donated yesterday and don't want to do so again?  I end up donating almost every time I am asked verbally to avoid the shame.

Donating to support the site is what it's about not really to avoid the adds. But I do think that my IPad slows way down if I'm not logged in and it has to load the add space. So most likely not just view as guest and log in whenever I'm on board.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's probably a very lame excuse, but even after hanging around MS for 6 months the donation component wasn't intuitively obvious. If there was a "welcome aboard" message explaining it all, it was probably missed in the euphoria of being a new Mooney owner. Additionally, it is not hard to conflate this group with the MAPA organization, which grabs your funds up front. (And I still haven't gotten them to respond to my quest regarding being unable to log in.) At any rate, I ponied up. Thanks. It's a fun ride.

BDP,

It's a very soft sell.  You come, you hang out, you get welcomed aboard about the time you make your first post.

About the time you realize the value that MS provides, you are ready to make a donation.

When you make a donation, you get the title 'Supporter'. I think the person who makes the biggest donation this year will get to rename that one...  Supporter has too many other definitions...

Its all good...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...