2000 Mooney Ovation 310 HP,Aspen/Avidyne Air Condtioning

LANCECASPER

310hp and A/C, life is good! A/C has been a game changer for me since I fly a lot in the hot weather. If you don't fly above 18K you will have equivalent/similar to K performance up high and the advantages of excess hp down low all with the simplicity of a NA engine.

On December 22, 2015 at 11:16 AM, aviatoreb said:

I change my underwear whenever my underwear reach TBO.  My underwear are rated to 2200hrs.  Then I get my underwear overhauled.

... Aviatoreb is the most interesting pilot in the world.  

(Well at least he has the most interesting sounding propeller in the world. ) 

(Aslo wouldn't you get them underhauled instead of overhauled?)

• Like 2

On 22/12/2015 at 5:16 PM, aviatoreb said:

I change my underwear whenever my underwear reach TBO.  My underwear are rated to 2200hrs.  Then I get my underwear overhauled.

Is that 2200hrs TTSN (or since overhaul) or 2200hrs TIS Erik?

I seem to remember there was a rather unkind name for another forumite here, we wouldn't want you to become "Crusty Underdungers" or similar!:P

• Like 1

Lance, not to further divert your thread but I know you bought a TLS. I am pretty new to Mooney having owned a bravo for a couple years and to this day only having flown in one Mooney--mine. Is it fair to characterize the ovation as a normally aspirated Bravo or is that off base?

2 hours ago, Bravoman said:

Lance, not to further divert your thread but I know you bought a TLS. I am pretty new to Mooney having owned a bravo for a couple years and to this day only having flown in one Mooney--mine. Is it fair to characterize the ovation as a normally aspirated Bravo or is that off base?

That's a pretty close description. The 310 hp Ovation feels like it climbs a little better initially but after 7000 or 8000 the TLS (or Bravo) beats it.

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2015 at 10:16 AM, aviatoreb said:

I'm cheap since I fly a mooney.  I top it and read the oil analysis. No new hoses either.

• Like 1