SHOPS THAT TREAT YOU RIGHT and THOSE THAT DON'T...

Curtis Air in Pittsfield, Maine, 2B7. Not an MSC but really did their homework when they worked on mine. Three Mooneys worked on that I know of. Pittsfield is a well off small Maine town with a construction company that works all over New England. As a result Curtis Air works on a wide variety of aircraft from seaplanes (lots of Cessna 180's) to a bunch of twin Beech. As far as I know they're the go-to service center for vintage Beech D-18s servicing planes from all over New England. A few fabric aircraft as well (tubular structure). Broad experience, attention to detail, and they don't pad the bill. 

• Like 1

Don Maxwell (KGGG) is a top notch MSC as many here can attest to. Locally I use Twelvestone Aviation (KASG), owned by John Gearheart, who is honest and good at what he does although not a MSC he maintains several Mooneys. I've used Don for several annuals and John for the others as well as small items that pop up throughout the year.

• Like 3

Can we create a registry of Mooney shops with reviews that is searchable? would be a cool feature

I asked for that a couple of years ago. The fear I think was that it would begin capturing negatives and the proverbial sh$t storm that usually brings with it.

I would love to see a list of shops and a simple way for people to vote a single positive vote if they used them and found them fair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We are very fortunate up here in the Philly area to have two of the best MSCs  just a short hop away.

Weber at LNS and Air-Mods and Repair at N87.  I have experience with both and can attest that Dorn and Dave, respectively, are the cream of the crop when it comes to honesty and Mooney excellence.

• Like 3

Travel Express Aviation Maintenance ( http://www.teamaintenance.com/ ) out of DuPage Airport (KDPA). I can't say enough good things about this shop. They do excellent work and maintain a few Mooneys besides mine. They are a Cirrus and Lycoming Service Center.  I highly recommend these guys to anyone that asks even though I am 100 yards from an MSC in my home base of (06C).

• Like 1

I used Don Maxwell for the prebuy on my Bravo. I've also called Don on a number of occasions and he is more than willing to dig into an issue on the phone. Don is one of the nicest people I've met in aviation and if I lived near his shop I'd use him for everything!

At home, Petaluma, CA (o69) I use Mangon Aviation. Ron Mangon is a "tool guy" and has amassed a number of Mooney Specific tools over the years. Mangon isn't a MSC but have a fair amount of Mooney experience.They aren't cheap but they do quality work.

• Like 2