Parts for brakes on the right side

kommers

We decided to install brakes on the right side of my M20J. Lasar quoted an exorbitant amount for the kit. My mechanic said we can do it for much less if I find the parts, like cylinders, etc, elsewhere. So, my question is: does anyone have these parts that he wants to sell? thank you

The parts are in the IPC, the problem you will discover is that the all of the parts beyond the a couple master cylinders and 4 hoses, are all Mooney specific parts. You'll either need to find a salvage yard with a mid-body dual brakes (your cheapest route by far) or get them from the factory.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have brake calipers, disks and other parts from an Ovation.  It sounds like you want the double puck brakes.  E-mail me at john.breda@gmail.com or call me at (617) 877-0025.  

Thanks,

John Breda

I am not 100% sure if the Ovation parts will work. My main concern right now is to find the right side pedals as they are different from the left side

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
9 hours ago, Marcopolo said:

I think @RicardoA is looking for the Co-Pilot brake pedals and master cylinders, not sure that's what you're removing for upgrade.

9 hours ago, RicardoA said:

Yes, that is exactly what I´m looking for Ron

Sorry, didn't read the title properly.

• 2 years later...
On 12/16/2015 at 12:44 PM, kommers said:

We decided to install brakes on the right side of my M20J.

Would you please tell us a little bit why you want brakes on the right side.
A J model lands on under 200 yards in almost all conditions, and steering doesn't need brakes at all.

Just curious. 

8 hours ago, j3gq said:

Would you please tell us a little bit why you want brakes on the right side.
A J model lands on under 200 yards in almost all conditions, and steering doesn't need brakes at all.

Just curious. 

Using it for instruction, maybe?