West Coast Mooney 2016 Get Together

FlyDave

All,

I called the restaurant at SBP and they cannot accommodate a reservation for more than ~15 people on a Sunday morning.

As of right now this is the list of attendees (note that anyone that has specified 1 to 2 people are listed at 1.5. Also,anyone that has not posted the number in their party is listed as an "X"):

Screen Name    Attendees
Flight2000                2
MB65E                     2
stevesm20B             2
bonal                        2
xrs135                   1.5
jrwilson                    X
Bennett                    1
VetRepp                   1
thinwing                   X
3914N                      2
kmyfm20s                1
N803RM                1.5
StinkBug                  X
Mhemperly               2
wishboneash         1.5
pfactor                      X
M016576                1.5
Conrad                      1
M20S Driver             X
rahill                       1.5
DaV8or                     X
Larry                          2
Nemesis                    1
mikefox                     X
Jim Peace                 1
flydave                       1
Total                     28.5

I'm posting a poll of 3 alternatives that I've contacted and can accommodate a party up to 35 people. Please place your vote for location there.

Thanks,

Dave

On 12/15/2015 at 10:40 AM, FlyDave said:

OK all you West Coasters (and anyone else that wants to meet):

Let's get a date on the calendars for a get together. I'm thinking January 2, 3 or 10.

If it's just NorCal and SoCal attendees then KSBP is a good halfway point. If there are people flying down from OR and WA then maybe somewhere around the Bay Area or Watsonville/Monterey would work better.

I'm going to the altitude chamber ride on the 9th in St. George, UT. I'll probably leave that Friday late afternoon and come home after the Saturday afternoon chamber ride. If anyone wants to go with me please message me.

I Can't make the meet up,but maybe I'll see you at KSGU for the altitude chamber. I'm signed up for 1:15 on Saturday 

On December 20, 2015 at 1:49 PM, FlyDave said:

All,

I called the restaurant at SBP and they cannot accommodate a reservation for more than ~15 people on a Sunday morning.

As of right now this is the list of attendees (note that anyone that has specified 1 to 2 people are listed at 1.5. Also,anyone that has not posted the number in their party is listed as an "X"):

Screen Name    Attendees
Flight2000                2
MB65E                     2
stevesm20B             2
bonal                        2
xrs135                   1.5
jrwilson                    X
Bennett                    1
VetRepp                   1
thinwing                   X
3914N                      2
kmyfm20s                1
N803RM                1.5
StinkBug                  X
Mhemperly               2
wishboneash         1.5
pfactor                      X
M016576                1.5
Conrad                      1
M20S Driver             X
rahill                       1.5
DaV8or                     X
Larry                          2
Nemesis                    1
mikefox                     X
Jim Peace                 1
flydave                       1
Total                     28.5

I'm posting a poll of 3 alternatives that I've contacted and can accommodate a party up to 35 people. Please place your vote for location there.

Thanks,

Dave

If it's on the 10th, then add 2 more to wherever you're meeting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just throwing this out there: WVI has a second Saturday 100LL sale every month. The price holds all day and carries into early Sunday morning. This month's 100LL self serve fuel price was just posted: $3.95/gallon. For those early risers...

Edited by Immelman

Just throwing this out there: WVI has a second Saturday 100LL sale every month. The price holds all day and carries into early Sunday morning. This month's 100LL self serve fuel price was just posted: $3.95/gallon. For those early risers...

How early are we talking?

How early are we talking?

I had to dig through some old email from the airport... the last I received indicated the price is good through 8AM Sunday.

I think they set the price at the start of business Saturday morning and then again 24 hours later on Sunday...my understanding is that is somewhat manual, so its when the airport staff arrive for the day and get it done.

Hi there!

I'm new to the Mooney forum as of today, having bought a nice used Mooney J20 in August.

I live at E45, Pine Mountain Lake E45, and I'd love to attend the meeting if it hasn't been held already.

Sunday is the 10th and the weather should be dry here. Has it been decided on where and what time yet?

Hi there!

I'm new to the Mooney forum as of today, having bought a nice used Mooney J20 in August.

I live at E45, Pine Mountain Lake E45, and I'd love to attend the meeting if it hasn't been held already.

Sunday is the 10th and the weather should be dry here. Has it been decided on where and what time yet?

Watsonville at ~11AM, this Sunday 1/10.

Hi guys and gals,

Count me in. Since I'm late at responding, I won't count on reserving a spot to eat with the group. I just found out about the forum today and I'm just looking forward to meeting and sharing with fellow Mooney pilots.

The forum has me going by the name of "Perilous". Look forward to seeing you all in Watsonville this Sunday between storms...perfect.

Hi guys and gals,

Count me in. Since I'm late at responding, I won't count on reserving a spot to eat with the group. I just found out about the forum today and I'm just looking forward to meeting and sharing with fellow Mooney pilots.

The forum has me going by the name of "Perilous". Look forward to seeing you all in Watsonville this Sunday between storms...perfect.

Perilous,

How many people in your party?

Dave

It's going to be interesting with 30+ (fast) aircraft converging at Watsonville. I may try to get in a bit earlier if possible to avoid the logjam at 11. 

Sriram makes a good point. Be sure to monitor CTAF 15-20 miles out and be patient. I'll be there by 10 so if people generally plan to arrive between 10 and 11 traffic shouldn't be much worse than normal for Watsonville. The traffic pattern there can get pretty crazy without our 37 planes arriving so eyes outside the cockpit!

The weather looks great for Sunday - nice VFR break from the storms we've had. See y'all on Sunday.

Sriram makes a good point. Be sure to monitor CTAF 15-20 miles out and be patient. I'll be there by 10 so if people generally plan to arrive between 10 and 11 traffic shouldn't be much worse than normal for Watsonville. The traffic pattern there can get pretty crazy without our 37 planes arriving so eyes outside the cockpit!

The weather looks great for Sunday - nice VFR break from the storms we've had. See y'all on Sunday.

Yep. It's going to be an ugly traffic pattern. That place is busy normally and with a break in the weather landing on a weekend, there will be lots of folks other than us turn out. I might try for even earlier than 10 if the weather is nice. I'd rather be sitting on the ground playing games on my phone than trying to squeeze into airborne chaos. :blink:

Extra sets of eyes are always helpful for fly-ins.

Plan on being early.  It is really cool to get to see all the landings.

Slow to pattern altitude and speeds way in advance.  Helps in energy management going into a crowded environment.

Communicate a lot.  Plenty of position reports.  Not everyone has traffic alert systems.  Don't be afraid to talk.

Thoughts of a private pilot, not a flight instructor.

Welcome to MS perilous,

-a-

• Like 1