West Coast Mooney 2016 Get Together

FlyDave

Can we settle on San Luis Obispo on the 10th at 11:00 AM (weather permitting). KSBP is about an hour away from most Bay Area airports. Nice easy run down the Salinas Valley, over flying Watsonville, Salinas, King City, and Paso Robles. Coming back up the coast on a sunny day is a real treat. I often meet my So. Cal flying friends at KSBP as it is a reasonable distance from Southern California.

• Like 2

OK - we're up to 17 planes. Excellent!

I don't see a way to add a poll to this topic so if everyone will vote we'll nail down a time and place. Once everyone chimes and we agree on a place I'll call and make arrangements.

My vote is the 10th at 11 AM at San Luis Obispo (KSBP). They have an ILS, plenty of parking and a decent restaurant. Fuel ain't cheap ($4.74) but if we only want to go where fuel is cheap we should go to my airport (o69) where it's $3.85 :wacko:.

Bonal - if it's IFR you're welcome to drive to Petaluma and fly with me.

• Like 1

Just now, FlyDave said:

OK - we're up to 17 planes. Excellent!

I don't see a way to add a poll to this topic so if everyone will vote we'll nail down a time and place. Once everyone chimes and we agree on a place I'll call and make arrangements.

My vote is the 10th at 11 AM at San Luis Obispo (KSBP). They have an ILS, plenty of parking and a decent restaurant. Fuel ain't cheap ($4.74) but if we only want to go where fuel is cheap we should go to my airport (o69) where it's $3.85 :wacko:.

Bonal - if it's IFR you're welcome to drive to Petaluma and fly with me.

Oh....I forgot to include myself....18 planes.

My vote is the 10th!

I don't have a preference where it is, but I'm all for a big turn out, so we should choose a place that has the highest probability of it being VFR! Is marine layer an issue that time of year in SBP?

In my experience, KSBP is far enough inland that coastal fog (not usually a problem in January) is gone by 11:00. I've made many trips there (both my kids attended Cal Poly at some point in their college educations) and I only recall a time or two when I had to fly the ILS. But I am certainly open to other locations. Frankly, I think rain is more likely than fog at that time of year. As I said in an earlier post, I would be glad to host a get together at San Carlos, and I think I could arrange a meeting room there if I have a little lead time. For what is worth, San Carlos (KSQL) has two GPS approaches.