Nut Tree 2-Camera GoPro Flight +ATC/intercom

xrs135

I didn't really capture any spectacular footage during this flight, it was more or less just a "practice" flight using both of the GoPro's and also recording ATC/intercom audio for the first time. It's a 20 minute video, which is WAY longer than I prefer, but again, I was just practicing the splicing together of now two audio tracks and two video tracks. It's definitely exponentially more work editing footage when you have more than one camera!

The new Hero4 Session was mounted on the tail, and I found out it has a bit of vibration compared to my old (bigger Hero3+) GoPro. I think it's because I tried using the flush mount.  I will try the standard mount next time, and I expect it will get rid of the turbulent airflow that was making it vibrate ever so slightly.

I also forgot to remove the neutral density filter in the cockpit as the sun started to set. For this reason, once the sun starts to set, the footage gets really really grainy and fuzzy. Lesson learned.

Enjoy!

• Like 7

21 hours ago, midlifeflyer said:

I always like that in-cockpit camera location where you can see the panel and outside. Where and How is that camera mounted?

It's almost directly between the two front seat-backs when they are in the full back position - stuck to the ceiling with a flat sticky mount.

• Like 1