Avidyne MK10 Bluetooth Keyboard Now Available

Avidyne has received STC approval for the MK10 Bluetooth® keyboard.

The MK10 Bluetooth Keyboard allows pilots to wirelessly control their panel-mounted IFD440 or IFD540 system. Activation of Bluetooth functionality requires IFD440/IFD540 software Release 10.1.1. Initially, the MK10 will allow remote entry of waypoints and flightplans, plus map range changing, and alpha-numeric data entry. An upcoming release (R10.2) will fully enable all MK10 functions including page and tab selection, Direct TO, and others.”

The MK10 will have a retail value of $299. For a limitied time, all customers who register or who have registered on www.MyAvidyne.com will receive the MK10 at no cost. If you own an IFD540 or IFD440 and have not registered at MyAvidyne.com, please do so now so you don't get left out when we begin sending MK10 keyboards.

Simpson,

what are your personal thoughts regarding the keyboard?

I got one for my IPad thinking it would help me type using all of my fingers. That would have been helpful.

Realistically, there was some improvement, but not enough to get past the extra hassles.  Where is it, is it charged, does it sit on a table or on my lap...

that kind of thing...?

I hope it is the next sliced bread for Avidyne.

Best regards,

-a-

On 12/12/2015 at 0:12 AM, carusoam said:

Simpson,

what are your personal thoughts regarding the keyboard?

I got one for my IPad thinking it would help me type using all of my fingers. That would have been helpful.

Realistically, there was some improvement, but not enough to get past the extra hassles.  Where is it, is it charged, does it sit on a table or on my lap...

that kind of thing...?

I hope it is the next sliced bread for Avidyne.

Best regards,

-a-

I like keyboard. I have yet to fly with it but use it frequently in demonstrations.

I think you will see some more features and benefits come out from the WiFi that is in the IFD. The WiFi has some advantages over Bluetooth that make it appealing to us for future development.

• Like 2